Subject: [spoilers] ]Means of production - Side mission - Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aallyn72 aallyn72
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hello guys,

Some quick questions and clarifications about this mission:

1: As I understand the first door cannot get any tokens because the trigger for that is dependent on the door being opened?

2: Do I need to read the choice/effect to the rebels when I put a token on the next doors? (the icon is a triangle, so I have to read it if I chose it, right?)
Ex: I choose a yellow token with the Stun test 5 spaces, will the rebels know that before or after attacking the door? (but it would not be a surprise anymore )

3: Does the green token stay there continuously, meaning each time it gets attacked, the attacker gets 2 damage or is it only once?

4: Does the 2 damage also include the case when the door gets Cleaved?

(hope I got the colors right for the tokens, I don´t have them next to me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. At the end of each round, you can also put a token on a door. If the Rebels haven't opened the first door at the end of round one (they usually haven't), you can put a token on it. The trigger you refer to is a bonus.

2. Yes, you read it out loud.

3. Yes, it stays there.

4. Cleave is not an attack, so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When a door is destroyed it is considered to have been opened. (Attacking Objects, p.6)
2. You only read the rules for the token chosen.
3. Each time.
4. No. Cleave or Blast are not attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And on a different note - I think this mission is simply impossible for the rebels to win

Anyone have the rebels win this? Without the IP messing up completely?!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan9461 wrote:

Almost. Lost by Gaarkhan having suffered 1 too much strain (it would've defeated him and ended his activation before interacting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jonathan9461 wrote:

Rebels just won it in SWIA020. FYI: it was only the 3rd Rebel win in 10 missions (it was the last side mission and we've had one extra mission because there was a forced mission). The Imperial didn't mess up; the Rebels did have some luck in the first round though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aallyn72 aallyn72
Denmark
flag msg tools
Lathuvan wrote:
1. At the end of each round, you can also put a token on a door. If the Rebels haven't opened the first door at the end of round one (they usually haven't), you can put a token on it. The trigger you refer to is a bonus.

As I see it , in the Campaign guide for this mission , the first thing that resolves is Guarded (red deployment points active ,E-web engineer spawns, and Resolve Reactive Defenses, that is placing the tokens on the doors).

Which means that only after the first door is destroyed/opened, I can add tokens on the remaining two doors. It also makes sense with the flavor text saying that heavy shielding slides on the next door.
I see it as dependent on that event.

Does Reactive Defenses resolve without Guarded? If yes, why? (allowing to place tokens on the first door also)

On second thought, I can see that Reactive defenses is also in the Event summary...what do you guys say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
The order in which the events are summarized doesn't really matter. The briefing comes at the start of the mission, the End of Mission at the end, but everything in between depends on triggers. If conditions are met, the event is executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aallyn72 aallyn72
Denmark
flag msg tools
Cool thanks for the fast reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Symiant
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this mission is quote easy for the rebels. It's very much a case of just running the hell past everything and getting to the end. It's worth spending some time clearing the first room, but after that you can just run through everything and win. It's not one of the better designed missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.