Subject: Adding cards to the Market? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone see why we can't add additional cards to the Market? I would say add 4 more making a diamond array. I can see it would add a little time but otherwise there would be more variety. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gr1mAce wrote:
Can anyone see why we can't add additional cards to the Market? I would say add 4 more making a diamond array. I can see it would add a little time but otherwise there would be more variety. Any thoughts?

You'd change the game slightly. My take on this (and all rule changes) is: Do it. If it makes the game more fun for you, then you were right. If the rest of the world tells you you're stupid, you're still right. After all, you're the one playing the game.

The only risk I can see you'll run is that "drawing cards from the deck" will take more time – you'll have more piles to fill out. Also, you'll get a larger selection, something which might nivellate the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Gr1mAce wrote:

You'd change the game slightly. My take on this (and all rule changes) is: Do it. If it makes the game more fun for you, then you were right. If the rest of the world tells you you're stupid, you're still right. After all, you're the one playing the game.

The only risk I can see you'll run is that "drawing cards from the deck" will take more time – you'll have more piles to fill out. Also, you'll get a larger selection, something which might nivellate the games.

You've answered my Q. Nivellate - New word for me. Thanks!

Now theme construction can be done on top of this as a quirky side project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.