Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Butcher Conversion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Armitt
msg tools
So after purchasing Kingdom Death I set about constructing my miniatures. For the most part I will build them as they are designed. However one character who bothered me was the Butcher. This crazed mad man who collects faces is posed like his mother has just told him he cant eat his sweets until he cleans his room. This is unacceptable. I wanted to build a model that looked as intimidating as he is the first time you face him in the game.

So where to begin. The cloak had to stay. Deal breaker. I looked around my bits box a while and considered cutting him up but that would require way too much green stuff work. Then I remembered I had a Slaughter Priest model spare. A few cuts with a saw later and I had a completely different looking model for a surpisingly small amount of work. The waist and legs fit together perfectly and that head definately says screaming maniac more than the original. I may trim the hand at his waist a little.

I still have a few bits of filling to do but otherwise he is done! Let me know what you think and I will update this topic once he is painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
The conversion itself is a nice idea, although the legs are a bit too large and make its torso to be turned funny (although it could be part of the dynamism, so it's not necessarily a bad thing). Perhaps thinner legs would have done better.

You should probably want to work a bit on the face to put it a bit inside the lower jaw-thing, because it looks like he's straining its neck to get over that jaw-thing.

Its right hand is also overextending, you should put that more in line with the body.

For my personal tastes, too bad you removed the Forsaker Mask - lorewise, that is important.

Apart from these small points, it's nice and refreshing to see it. I think this is the first time I see a large conversion with bits from GW sprues.

I really really want to see this painted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Original butcher is one of the minis I am most dissapointed from core. His pose is so boring and meh. Pose of his legs even more so. Really, they should have done at least a bit more dynamic pose. For Hand and Kingsman, 'cool' pose works just fine, but for Butcher, not at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
This Butcher never skips legs day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burchell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the legs, though they are pretty jacked up. But I don't like the head at all. The mask on the butcher is incredible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Penderville
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks pretty badass imo. Please post pictures when its painted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C SS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeybars wrote:
I really like the legs, though they are pretty jacked up. But I don't like the head at all. The mask on the butcher is incredible.

Same. The legs may be a bit too big but i don't think it looks bad on the model and it improves the pose a lot, but the head while being nice wasn't necessary imho, and makes it not look like the butcher anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
In agreement, the legs are fine. The face is not very good at all, the Butcher is an empty shell of metal filled with tattered remnants of flesh - while you can get away with this on the legs, it's not good on the face.

Also the lack of a Forsaker mask is a shame.

Keep the legs, swap the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Aaron Farr
United States
California
flag msg tools
Good job on the conversion.

I agree that the Butcher is way too static. I ended up adding the Forsaker Pin Up model to mine to create a bit of a scene, adding more movement to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Armitt
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback.

The legs are a bit jacked but the original legs are way too small. He is massive now and looks like he could slap 4 survivors around like rag dolls.

The head was the main thing I disliked about the original. I admit I hadn't really read the ack story that throughly and thought was just a crazed survivor. It might not be popular but I'm going to keep the head. I might try to use the orignal head on a survivor who gains the forsaker mask.

I did shorten and reposition the right arm.

I will post updates once it is painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.