Whistle Stop» Forums » Rules

Subject: Whistle backtracking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, many questions and threads about the movement in Whistle Stop. I hope I get it right. Anyhow: an question:

Are you - with a whistle - allowed to move to a neighboring stop and return to where you originally started? After reading these rules, my gut feeling says no however you may return on the same tile as a result of a followed path without backtracking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Tyrael_ wrote:
Wow, many questions and threads about the movement in Whistle Stop. I hope I get it right. Anyhow: an question:

Are you - with a whistle - allowed to move to a neighboring stop and return to where you originally started? After reading these rules, my gut feeling says no however you may return on the same tile as a result of a followed path without backtracking.

A whistle doesn't let you move A>B B>A, where the 2nd stage mirrors the 1st stage.
However, you are allowed to return to your starting point if you can accomplish this without retracing your steps, e.g via a loop.

So, I believe that your gut feeling is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A whistle stop doesn't allow that, but can't you use the whistle to move one space right then use a coal to move back one space left? There is another rule question (upgrade tile thread)where the designer says you can move north or south in the same column and then move back the other direction to the same point you started from. Just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.