GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Binge Eating Disorder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not quite sure how to handle the second part this Disorder:

You must consume when a choice to consume arises.

What exactly is meant here by: "... when a choice to consume arises."
Do I have to consume any gear I put into my grid immediately (and if it is archived I don´t fulfill the first part of the disorder anymore), or just when a story event gives me a choice (e.g.: "You may consume...")?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Only when a story event gives you a choice.
Or, you can always Shatter their jaw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Adshead
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I play it that when I get the option due to hunt events etc. This makes sense for the "when a choice arises" statement. "Choice" is the keyword for me here, if it said chance instead it would be a different story.

Example - There is a hunt event where a fountain appears and each survivor has the choice to consume some water, in the case where a survivor has the binge eating disorder you must drink from the fountain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you usually don't archive consumable gear when you consume it. The keyword is there to tell you that you cannot use it if you have a shattered jaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thank you to both of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Also, you usually don't archive consumable gear when you consume it. The keyword is there to tell you that you cannot use it if you have a shattered jaw.

Actually, that's absolutely incorrect. You do not, for example, need to be able to consume to use Monster Grease. The consumable tag on it is simply to indicate that it CAN be consumed if a hunt or settlement event forces you to consume something in your gear grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nevermoar wrote:
t3clis wrote:

Actually, that's absolutely incorrect. You do not, for example, need to be able to consume to use Monster Grease. The consumable tag on it is simply to indicate that it CAN be consumed if a hunt or settlement event forces you to consume something in your gear grid.

I believe he's referring to something like Frenzy Drink, but yes worth noting there's a lot of "consumable" gear that doesn't actually have any use-effect, just the keyword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Gniuz wrote:
I play it that when I get the option due to hunt events etc.
Example - There is a hunt event where a fountain appears and each survivor has the choice to consume some water, in the case where a survivor has the binge eating disorder you must drink from the fountain.

Unhealthy relationship with water

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Axiem wrote:
Nevermoar wrote:
t3clis wrote:

I believe he's referring to something like Frenzy Drink, but yes worth noting there's a lot of "consumable" gear that doesn't actually have any use-effect, just the keyword.

Yeah, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must they eat freshly acquired vermin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
Must they eat freshly acquired vermin?

I don’t think so, this is from the FAQ:

Is a survivor with the Binge-Eating disorder forced to consume all consumable resources as they gain them?

No. The Binge-Eating disorder was not intended to interact with the survivor being in possession of consumable resources or gear. If a hunt, story or settlement event presents a situation where a survivor "may" consume, they must if they have the Binge-Eating disorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.