Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Vasel mentioned that 2nd edition of this game is coming by Steve Avery and NOT Tom himself. Tom is not involved at all.

Any more information about this?

And it is sad that Tom is not involved, I wonder what Game Salute did to sour that relationship, but it's none of my business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
New Troll Here!
badge
Stay away from the Voodoo.
mbmbmbmbmb
If Tom is not involved, I have a feeling it's more an issue of not having the time and interest than any sour feelings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NewTroll wrote:
If Tom is not involved, I have a feeling it's more an issue of not having the time and interest than any sour feelings.

Also, Tom was very reluctant to plug a game with his name on it on his channel. Taking his name off could free him up to give it more air time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason rundell
United States
Adamstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1800546/what-beef-game-salu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tangleword wrote:

Thanks. That does change my assessment a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a 2nd edition of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrockLobster wrote:

Fair enough. It was a kickstarter, the second edition in '14 was a retail, and now the question is will there be a updated/revised/3rd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also see their home page: https://www.gamesalute.com/

They just announced three new "imprints" which I think means that they will publish different types of games under three new names. I wonder if they think the name Game Salute has a bad rep now???

Following the other link above (and links in there and so on), it seems like the main complaints against GS are two:

1. (a) KS campaigns VERY late, even by KS standards and (b) at best unclear and possibly even dishonest communication from GS about the status of those campaigns. I don't feel sorry for KS backers who don't realize that almost everything comes late, but at least some campaigns are very honest and give frequent updates about how late the final delivery will be.

2. Rumblings about bad relationships with designers. I listen to so much Dice Tower that I can't remember where/when, but I know I heard Tom say that in the future if he published another game he would be extra careful to keep more of the control himself instead of letting the publisher take it all (loose paraphrase). Again, I don't feel sorry for designers who don't realize that signing over rights to a game means just that. However, some publishers are much nicer about that than others.

Alien Frontiers is my #1 or #2 game of all time, and I like several of GS's other games, including Nothing Personal. I think the final products are very good, so I'll keep an eye on future releases, BUT (1) I'll be very hesitant to back anything by them on KS in the future in less I completely don't care at all if it takes a few years, and (2) in the very slight chance that I ever design a game (like we all fantasize about doing but probably never will), they are among the last publishers I'd consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom said somewhere recently, I think in a Live Q&A earlier this month, that a new edition is coming.

So that probably will be called a 3rd edition.

I don't think he gave any details about how different it will be if at all. I don't think he will be involved.

Scottgun wrote:
FrockLobster wrote:

Fair enough. It was a kickstarter, the second edition in '14 was a retail, and now the question is will there be a updated/revised/3rd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.