Sylvain Brideron
France
Massy
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi B'Bros !

It's written in the "Check for Events" section, that :

<< You may not avoid drawing an Event card by simply Moving back and forth between tiles. >>

Does this mean that the "Move" action(s) do(es)n't count for the "2-or-fewer-actions-check-for-Event" ?

I mean : If I only do 4 Moves, do I HAVE TO check for Event ?

Thx.

Triz'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
No, moves count as actions, and making 4 moves with no other types of action is totally fine, as long as you don't simply dodge back and fore between two tiles just to use up the action points so you don't have to draw an event. The moves have to be meaningful. It's fine to, say, use up your 2nd and 3rd AP by hopping into a Motion Sensor to deliberately trigger the alarm and then hop back to the same square, as your move had purpose, but simply moving A-B-A-B for no reason is not a valid way to avoid an event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Brideron
France
Massy
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so back and fore (or fore and back without consequences) is not a way to void Event, but just wander is fine.

Is this correct : "If at the end of my 4th action, the situation is the same as at the end of my 2nd action, I draw an Event." ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
That's a neat attempt at a summary rule, I like the idea, but it doesn't quite work, because you could also, for instance, make 3 moves but only end up 1 tile away from your start position. Tim Fowers said he found it very difficult to phrase a rule that encompasses all the ways you could attempt to avoid an event (the app hasn't got a rule or algorithm to stop you), but the players know it when they see it. I can see that you get it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Brideron
France
Massy
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
the players know it when they see it. I can see that you get it :)

I hope so... It's often me that explain the rules (3 times in the lasts few weeks), and I agree, it's hard to make it clear ! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.