Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Se Ven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered whether anyone knew why Tierra Del Fuego was chosen as one of the new islands and what led to it being identical on both sides bar the night time styling? I presume the Vikings never made it as far as Tierra Del Fuego? And if our Vikings are going to South America why do they only explore a single island? Does anyone have any behind the scenes info on any of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
South America

This thread has all your answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Se314en wrote:
Tierra Del Fuego

= Feuerland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Se314en wrote:
I wondered whether anyone knew why Tierra Del Fuego was chosen as one of the new islands and what led to it being identical on both sides bar the night time styling? I presume the Vikings never made it as far as Tierra Del Fuego? And if our Vikings are going to South America why do they only explore a single island? Does anyone have any behind the scenes info on any of this?

I assume the double-sidedness is because Feuerland didn't want to tie thematic content to non-thematic content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Se Ven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
I assume the double-sidedness is because Feuerland didn't want to tie thematic content to non-thematic content.

Yeh I was thinking they might as well have put too South American islands on the tile if we were going to South America, but given that the inspiration was based on the company name as mentioned above I guess it makes sense to only have that one detour to the Southern Hemisphere

Thanks for the links all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gernot Köpke
Germany
Biebesheim am Rhein
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feuerland was planned as a promo. It was also interesting to have an early dragonship requirering island that does not flip and get up to 8 coins.

I wrote here something too about the island and it's history (almananc)
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1861735/south-america
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.