Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian Roth
Switzerland
Basel
Basel-Stadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the game.

1. Question: Let's say I get attacked by two units with a power of 1. If I block one of the units with "lava worms" and kill the other with their death ability, does the pillage still occur?

2. Similar question for "Wrath of Zeus": If I kill a unit with this spell after the declare attacker step, does the pillage still occur?

I think the second question is clear, because it let's me kill an attacking unity before declaring blockers and thus before dealing damage/pillage step: So the pillage does not occur.

But I am unsure about the lava worms. Going strictly by rules, I would say the lava worms kill the second unit but the pillaging still occurs, because dealing damage and pillaging are one and the same step.

Thanks for adivce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume GARCIA
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

You are totally correct concerning your 2 questions

1) Combats & pillage are resolved at the same time. In your example the 2nd attacking creature is unblocked ==> the pillage occurs, even if it's destroyed after.

2) That's right : you can destroy a creature with "Wrath of Zeus" before choosing how you declare blockers. So this creature can not make any pillage (it's already destroyed)

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.