Subject: Temp worker - when does he become available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've only just acquired the 'Tuscany' expansion and there's the odd thing I'm not sure of.

In particular, since you don't take the bonuses on the wake up chart until you reach the indicated season, does that also apply for the temp worker? i.e. you wouldn't actually receive the temp worker until you passed into the summer season? Or should he become available immediately meaning you can also play him in Spring if you need to?

I guess it's unlikely, although theoretically possible that you might need to use all your workers + the temp worker in Spring but you obviously can't do that if you don't get him until summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get it when you pass into summer so it is not available in the spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get it immediately. I’ll edit this post with a rule reference in a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tylergingrich wrote:

I just went through the Tuscany rulebook again, and I'm not seeing it. Very curious to see what you're referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaquito wrote:
tylergingrich wrote:

I just went through the Tuscany rulebook again, and I'm not seeing it. Very curious to see what you're referring to.

Right. You get the bonus immediately in Viticulture but with Tuscany I've always played that you get the seasonal bonuses once you've passed into each season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have to admit that I don't see any provision for treating the temp worker differently in the rules but it does say underneath the temp worker on the wake up chart: "For the year". I though that perhaps the temp worker would be an exception because all other bonuses are retained until you use (or discard) them.

Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
I have to admit that I don't see any provision for treating the temp worker differently in the rules but it does say underneath the temp worker on the wake up chart: "For the year". I though that perhaps the temp worker would be an exception because all other bonuses are retained until you use (or discard) them.

Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

There is at least one visitor that allow you to pick up an already-placed worker, you could use this on the temp worker. Also, the temp worker needs to stay out on the board. Thus, he is yours for the year, even though most of the time that translates into a single use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
...but it does say underneath the temp worker on the wake up chart: "For the year".

I think the "For the year" is there so that someone can't take that bonus, then try to claim that they get the worker for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's correct that you don't get bonuses on the Tuscany wake-up chart until your rooster moves onto the corresponding benefit (i.e., when you pass). So you wouldn't get the temporary worker until you pass into summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
It's correct that you don't get bonuses on the Tuscany wake-up chart until your rooster moves onto the corresponding benefit (i.e., when you pass). So you wouldn't get the temporary worker until you pass into summer.

Interesting, we've been playing it wrong all this time -- assuming that the "for the year" label meant you got it for all the seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.