Subject: Is it possible to get support from Steamforged? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Vilar
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is that I backed Dark Souls on Kickstarter but I haven't received the game yet and I don't think I'll ever receive it.

A few months ago, DHL tried to deliver the package containing the base game. The address was incomplete, even though it was correct in Backerkit. The delivery failed.

DHL tried to deliver it again and this time somehow they found the right address. I wasn't at home but they left a note. I called back to arrange a new delivery the next day but then the next morning they called me to let me know that they couldn't find the package and that I should contact the sender.

This happened three months ago and since them I've sent 4 messages to Steamforged, two of them using their online support form and two being an email to support@steamforged.com. I haven't been contacted back.

Funny thing, my pledge is in Spanish and I received the corrected cards a few weeks ago. cry

I am really worried because I will never receive the base game. Even worse, the same thing will probably happen to the second delivery with the KS exclusives.

Did anyone have a similar problem? Is there a way to contact Steamforged that works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
support@steamforged.com is the only method that works. Try your best to not spam as a new email resets your queue.

From what I see, your case looks like DHL lost your package. Unfortunately, this sort of thing can take a lot of time to resolve. This is based on personal experience from my friend (a retailer) with my country's courier where they somehow lost a bunch of games during transit. SFG has to contact DHL, find out what happen to the package, file a claim report (if confirm to be lost), and more time for processing. SFG will probably not send you a new game until all this is done, or at least until SFG is able to make them officially declare the package is lost.

If your last email is a month ago, go ahead and send one again.

I know it sucks, but this is nobody except DHL's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try them on twitter. A bit of public complaining (A BIT, mind) might nudge them into communicating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vilar
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both for the advice. According to the latest update, the support team is just back from holidays. I'll give them some time to catch up with the pending requests before making more noise.

I've checked the comments of this latest update and I was surprised with the number of people complaining about the support not being very responsive. I just hope they get back before wave 2 is sent or I'm afraid I'll have to do the same again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.