Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Big Trouble in Little China: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any news on release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

preordered the deluxe edtion and just saw that the preorders are still open. Does anyone know when the game is to be released?

Thanks for any advice.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is supposed to be an announcement shortly.My guess would be late Feb.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, can´t wait!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
Thanks, can´t wait!


The game is still in production! - Printing products are happening now Minis are all done. Because of the holidays we have a few more weeks before the printing is complete and then it has to ship out to our distribution shipping warehouses.

Once that happens, pre-orders are on the way and ship FIRST before retail

Thanks!

Chris
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, April is possible?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
So, April is possible?


Working for before April!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Epic before April. Epic only afterwards...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I preorder the game?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Carlson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Where can I preorder the game?


https://bigtroublegame.com/
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Again I'm just going to say what I was told at BGG Con by the guy manning the booth that was shot down by the representative here on BGG I was told March at best.

If things are still printing they have basically just over 1 month to get it on the boat before the Chinese New Year which is Feb. 16th this year and runs to March 2nd I believe.

So I think April is more in play.

I expect delays in Kick starter projects. This was a web site pre-order with a Nov. delivery date. Pretty disappointed to be honest.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
Again I'm just going to say what I was told at BGG Con by the guy manning the booth that was shot down by the representative here on BGG I was told March at best.

If things are still printing they have basically just over 1 month to get it on the boat before the Chinese New Year which is Feb. 16th this year and runs to March 2nd I believe.

So I think April is more in play.

I expect delays in Kick starter projects. This was a web site pre-order with a Nov. delivery date. Pretty disappointed to be honest.


Sorry to disappoint you- The big factor that was something we couldn't take into full account --- the approval process on the 92 page Narrative Story Quest Book & for the Pre-Order Deluxe Editions, the additional 48 page Legacy of Lo Pan Story Quest Book!

--- We really wanted to make sure the quality was the best it could possibly be and we wouldn't finish making the game until we were happy and the license was happy! ---

I know it's taking quite a bit longer than we all would want, but our #1 Priority was to make the best possible EPIC Big Trouble in Little China Game!

We Really Appreciate your Support and Patience!

Chris



22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
I expect delays in Kick starter projects. This was a web site pre-order with a Nov. delivery date. Pretty disappointed to be honest.

It is easy to say, "I want it now." Heck, I've said that myself for just about every game I've KSed. But at the end of the day would you rather have a game that was rushed out the door to meet the originally stated production date? or would you rather have a complete and polished game?

A rushed game is forgettable. A complete and polished game is beloved.

It would be nice if people would learn to be patient. A 4-5 month delay is nothing. Save the complaints for a 3 year delay (I'm looking at you Shadows of Brimstone).
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh We're with you, Chris. I'm sure you'll update a release date as you can. Hang in there!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:

It is easy to say, "I want it now." Heck, I've said that myself for just about every game I've KSed. But at the end of the day would you rather have a game that was rushed out the door to meet the originally stated production date? or would you rather have a complete and polished game?


Again this wasn't a kick starter and I'm starting to wonder why. It was run like a kick starter, to my knowledge all their other games are on kick starter but this one had a pre-order page.

When I pre-ordered which was immediately after that page was put up, I thought this was a direct to retail and was further along in the process. Just an unusual situation as I made an instant purchase off the IP alone without much information, if it was a KS my expectation would of been different.

Now of course i want a polished, better game that is a silly question. But if I'm being 100% honest I wasn't wowed by what I saw at BGG Con. Of course I didn't get to actually play just get an explanation so I'm reserving judgment.

I also backed their Metal Dawn KS which I think has had maybe 4 or 5 updates since it funded a while ago. It wasn't a big project so I'm ok with that going to the back of the line but we don't even have a pledge manager for that yet. I've backed probably 8 projects since then and I've done a PM for every one of them already, again odd situation.

So my initial impressions aren't great, I'd prefer companies be honest and communicate with me. Both games could end up being great in the end and I have no shortage of games to play at the moment but as a consumer my confidence isn't high.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
[q="ampoliros"]


Again this wasn't a kick starter and I'm starting to wonder why.





Well for starters, KS takes a percentage of sales.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
ampoliros wrote:

It is easy to say, "I want it now." Heck, I've said that myself for just about every game I've KSed. But at the end of the day would you rather have a game that was rushed out the door to meet the originally stated production date? or would you rather have a complete and polished game?


Again this wasn't a kick starter and I'm starting to wonder why. It was run like a kick starter, to my knowledge all their other games are on kick starter but this one had a pre-order page.

When I pre-ordered which was immediately after that page was put up, I thought this was a direct to retail and was further along in the process. Just an unusual situation as I made an instant purchase off the IP alone without much information, if it was a KS my expectation would of been different.

Now of course i want a polished, better game that is a silly question. But if I'm being 100% honest I wasn't wowed by what I saw at BGG Con. Of course I didn't get to actually play just get an explanation so I'm reserving judgment.

I also backed their Metal Dawn KS which I think has had maybe 4 or 5 updates since it funded a while ago. It wasn't a big project so I'm ok with that going to the back of the line but we don't even have a pledge manager for that yet. I've backed probably 8 projects since then and I've done a PM for every one of them already, again odd situation.

So my initial impressions aren't great, I'd prefer companies be honest and communicate with me. Both games could end up being great in the end and I have no shortage of games to play at the moment but as a consumer my confidence isn't high.


I think this is basically fair. It was not a kickstarter, and all of the way up to November we were informed it would make, or probably make, it's ETA. They definitely gave the impression this was closer to completion. And then it was perhaps December. Now April or later seems more likely. This is not an established company. Have we even seen a gameplay video? These I think are valid concerns. Trying to make the best game is an excuse, or reason, that has always irked me a bit. Well, yes, I assume you were trying to make a great game.

This has become pretty standard for the hobby, and it's just entertainment so it's not truly important, but I would recommend (and do) that companies add 6 months to their best estimate. CMON has just now discovered this, but it didn't appeared to hurt their bottom line before, so I imagine at this point, it's just the way it is. Cancel the preorder if it bothers you, enough, I suppose.

Edit: I have already kinda accepted the money is gone and I'll get a game someday, but I don't think I would give them money up front on any of their future endeavors.

Also, I think it's important to note, for the most part, they have communicated VERY well through the whole process. Kudos for that.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
dspezzano wrote:
[q="ampoliros"]


Again this wasn't a kick starter and I'm starting to wonder why.





Well for starters, KS takes a percentage of sales.


That would make sense if they hadn't launched 3 KS after this project.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, perhaps for some perspective, I've been waiting for the release of the expansion for Star Trek: Frontiers, from an established company, Wizkids. I pre-ordered before it's ETA in August. I now hear it might be February before it comes out. The expansions for Gale Force Nine's Trek: Ascendancy were literally SEEN at GENCON 2016 for release shortly afterward. They barely made it out by GENCON 2017.

Long story short, &$%# happens.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Also, perhaps for some perspective, I've been waiting for the release of the expansion for Star Trek: Frontiers, from an established company, Wizkids. I pre-ordered before it's ETA in August. I now hear it might be February before it comes out. The expansions for Gale Force Nine's Trek: Ascendancy were literally SEEN at GENCON 2016 for release shortly afterward. They barely made it out by GENCON 2017.

Long story short, &$%# happens.


In those cases did you pre-order from the companies directly or an online retailer?

Also this will be my last post on this subject. I find it tedious to have to defend my right to be disappointed. There is a difference between petulantly saying "I want my game now" and offering criticism without being rude. I feel I did the later and if I owned a company I would want all feedback both good and bad.

The games will get here when they get here, there is nothing to change that fact. However this was a unique ordering situation as I mentioned before. Non Kick Starter, Ordering page direct from company with delivery date when the page went live. You couldn't (and I think still can't) find this listed in an online retailer. There was essentially one method to order and that method made it seem like the game was farther along then it was. THAT and only that is the reason for my disappointment.
10 
 Thumb up
1.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Gutermuth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is the last Board Game I pre-ordred oder kickstarted.
I'm sooo tired of waiting to get anything.

I backed "Ghostbusters II" it came late and it was such a mess with all the faulty rules and misprinted cards.

I backed "Evil Dead 2", it was due to Nov 2016 - still waiting for that one.

Now this game is also delayed and I can only hope, that it is even half as good as it looks.
From now on I'll wait until the games hit the stores and are ready to ship...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stiltz
msg tools
I dont know why people are making excuses for this company, really. I agree with everything you have said. The way this was done it was made to seem like a product that was already ready to go. At Gencon the guys at the booth were telling me that it would be for sure done by December for christmas and that all the stuff was already being printed, now they are saying they didnt even get approval? All of this is sounding real shady and quite honestly I regret it a little bit. It feels like they had a KS project but they wanted to save a couple dollars and just do a "preorder" on something that obviously was not ready. I too have realized that it will just show up one day but its funny I will get all of my Kingdom Death KS before this project even starts shipping. I probably wont be ordering anything from these guys again, especially since I was misled at Gencon saying I was going to get the promo that was Gencon exclusive only to be given out to everyone. Its pretty frustrating that I have to come to this page to get updates about the project too, atleast send some emails.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Also, perhaps for some perspective, I've been waiting for the release of the expansion for Star Trek: Frontiers, from an established company, Wizkids. I pre-ordered before it's ETA in August. I now hear it might be February before it comes out. The expansions for Gale Force Nine's Trek: Ascendancy were literally SEEN at GENCON 2016 for release shortly afterward. They barely made it out by GENCON 2017.

Long story short, &$%# happens.


In those cases did you pre-order from the companies directly or an online retailer?

Also this will be my last post on this subject. I find it tedious to have to defend my right to be disappointed. There is a difference between petulantly saying "I want my game now" and offering criticism without being rude. I feel I did the later and if I owned a company I would want all feedback both good and bad.

The games will get here when they get here, there is nothing to change that fact. However this was a unique ordering situation as I mentioned before. Non Kick Starter, Ordering page direct from company with delivery date when the page went live. You couldn't (and I think still can't) find this listed in an online retailer. There was essentially one method to order and that method made it seem like the game was farther along then it was. THAT and only that is the reason for my disappointment.


Hey Dan,
& ALL Who Pre-ordered

We have been working as hard as we can to communicate and be as transparent about any and all changes to our delivery estimates for Big Trouble. Our biggest delay was in the approval process which took longer than originally estimated. This was a cascading effect that pushed back our printing process (even though the game was already complete and ready to go). The Miniatures are currently ready and complete and we’re just printing the game.

The game is now currently in production, and we’ve changed printing companies to do this, even though it may cost us more, it is worth it to get the game out as quickly as possible. We were printing in China, but now we’re printing in Germany.

As you also know, we want the game out as quickly as possible to you the pre-order customer and to all retailers. It’s really important that we get the game out quickly, and we’re pushing hard daily to get it done.
We really appreciate all of your feedback on this! Please know that we’ve put our hearts, minds, body and spirit into this game and we feel strongly that our passion for the project and the game will make it all worth the wait in the end.

We didn’t want to rush the game, we wanted to put the extra time and work into the game to make it the best it could be for all of you!
The amount of content that we’ve put into the game should be surprising and we believe that this will be an epic game for true fans of the film as well as board gamers!

Thank you so much for your support and patience! We will keep you all in the loop as things progress!

Subscribe to our website for email updates: www.EverythingEpic.us

Thanks!

Chris
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the update.

I don't know much about shipping from Germany, and if it takes the Chinese New Year out of the process.

Look forward to the game when it does arrive. Have several other KS projects just starting to ship anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Chris. As I’ve mentioned previously, I am disappointed but understand the necessity of duplicated character figures in the game. I would have rather seen generic Wing Kong, Chang Sing and Lords of Death figures and have the iconic characters remain as individuals.
Also, I raised the issue of the November release date slipping away in threads here on BGG and these questions went unanswered, giving an unspoken answer some weeks before you actually advised us of the inevitable delay.
The delayed arrival of the promised rulebook PDF was also frustrating, but I appreciate that we were given the opportunity to proofread, as brief as it was.
Seeing the attention of the company diverted by other projects was equally frustrating, especially in the light of no updates for us. Many of whom have paid you nearly 12 months ago now.
I remain enthusiastic for the game, but as I have communicated to many other companies recently, we don’t appreciate being kept in the dark.
Please accept this as constructive criticism, which is the spirit with which I intended it.
My Birthday is April 8th, so it would be awesome to have the game in hand by then.
If the rulebook final version is available in PDF, could we please have that made available to us? I also asked you about making a digital copy of the poster available as you did for Rambo and you were looking into it. Any chance of that?
Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
Thanks for the update Chris. As I’ve mentioned previously, I am disappointed but understand the necessity of duplicated character figures in the game. I would have rather seen generic Wing Kong, Chang Sing and Lords of Death figures and have the iconic characters remain as individuals.
Also, I raised the issue of the November release date slipping away in threads here on BGG and these questions went unanswered, giving an unspoken answer some weeks before you actually advised us of the inevitable delay.
The delayed arrival of the promised rulebook PDF was also frustrating, but I appreciate that we were given the opportunity to proofread, as brief as it was.
Seeing the attention of the company diverted by other projects was equally frustrating, especially in the light of no updates for us. Many of whom have paid you nearly 12 months ago now.
I remain enthusiastic for the game, but as I have communicated to many other companies recently, we don’t appreciate being kept in the dark.
Please accept this as constructive criticism, which is the spirit with which I intended it.
My Birthday is April 8th, so it would be awesome to have the game in hand by then.
If the rulebook final version is available in PDF, could we please have that made available to us? I also asked you about making a digital copy of the poster available as you did for Rambo and you were looking into it. Any chance of that?
Thanks


Yes! We will post the final Rulebook PDF Soon! -> I'll ask about poster!

Thanks!

Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.