Subject: Deluxe Storage Box Organization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
I am slowly, but surely double sleeving all the cards and putting them into the storage box, but I am still a bit unsure how I'm going to organize everything, but mostly the cards specifically.
I'm thinking I want them separated by Titans/Gods/Heroes/Monsters/Troops, but also by which expansion or box they came in. I think I'm going to use some of the extra dividers to make this happen, but I'm not sure yet if it'll be possible. My thought is to have a row of "Gods" and then as you move through the row, there are further dividers for box/expansion of origin, and then repeat the process for Titans/Heroes/Troops/Monsters.

Anyway - Does anyone have any suggestions of how to organize the cards (either to meet my intent, or just how your cards are organized for different ideas for me)?

Thanks,
- Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I organised them Titans/Divinities/Monsters(extra dividers for RP cost)/Heroes(extra dividers for RP cost)/Troops.

Also, if you're double sleeving with anything thicker than 40 microns and you have a Titan/Typhon pledge, be prepared to not store every card in the DSB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Piantoni
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215392824994302&se...

this picture sorts everything basically how you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Vinceness wrote:
I organised them Titans/Divinities/Monsters(extra dividers for RP cost)/Heroes(extra dividers for RP cost)/Troops.

Also, if you're double sleeving with anything thicker than 40 microns and you have a Titan/Typhon pledge, be prepared to not store every card in the DSB.

I was concerned about this. So far I've got Core+Pandora's Box in there and I've got maybe 1.25 out of the 4 card slots left. Maybe I'll remove the special rules cards. Idk, that's slightly frustrating for my completionist, OCD mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
MonkeyD609 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215392824994302&se...

this picture sorts everything basically how you want.

Can you upload the photo? It's not letting me get through that link for some reason.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Why double sleeving? Are you proxying $500 Magic cards for your Mythic Battles?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Because I could potentially never be able to replace cards in this game if I mess them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Double sleeving really only protects against massive shuffling. Like if you’re shuffling thousands and thousands of times and don’t want a card to show wear because it’s valuable.

It won’t be marked if single sleeved, it’s only for underlying minor scuffing. That’s why it’s done with ultra-expensive cards.

Importantly, if you get liquid on a card, every sleeve you use makes damage worse by trapping the liquid against the card. That’s why I personally wouldn’t double sleeve a boardgame (I have double-sleeved expensive Magic decks). You’re far more likely to encounter a spill than to see the difference in wear between single and double sleeving. So I find single sleeving to be the safety sweet spot.

Food for thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Andrews
msg tools
You might want to consider purchasing a game card storage case (long) to fit all your double sleeved cards and have them neartly organized, with room to separate for each category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Piantoni
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I have it set up broken down by activation cards (titans/gods/heroes/monsters/troops)
The spare dividers I have separating the add-ons and Pandora's box activation cards.
I have the art of war, omphalos, and divinity cards. Followed by the recruitment cards.
I have all the expansions separate and together.
My dashboards I colored the side and made a mark down certain groups based of whether it's from the core/pandora/add-one/expansions.

I made a divider for the tokens so they aren't sprinkled all together like this picture anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Bone
msg tools
mb
Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are two types of cards for troops (activation and dashboard) but only one troop card divider? So far I’ve put my activation cards with the troop/hero/monster/god dividers, but I’m wondering if I’ve missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
TB0NE wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are two types of cards for troops (activation and dashboard) but only one troop card divider? So far I’ve put my activation cards with the troop/hero/monster/god dividers, but I’m wondering if I’ve missed something.

There are troop cards, which are the ones with a lot of information on them, then there are troop activation cards. These are the cards with just the image of the troop and the stars at the bottom. This confused me too but I just got finished organizing the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.