Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the files for the official play mats. They seem to be too small, though. Did anyone print these? If so, at what scale?
Wondering if it's worth it to have them printed on mousepad mats...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Thwaites
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Oliver,

While I'm no longer with High Roller Games, I can tell you that when I created these mats they were set at the correct size for printing. You may want to check your file print settings and see if any scaling is currently occurring (pdf's are often automatically scaled by printers). If it is, take scaling off and re-print.
If that doesn't work, you may want to send High Roller Games an email, as I don't know if they made any changes to the original files since I left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Professorjt wrote:
Hi Oliver,

While I'm no longer with High Roller Games, I can tell you that when I created these mats they were set at the correct size for printing. You may want to check your file print settings and see if any scaling is currently occurring (pdf's are often automatically scaled by printers). If it is, take scaling off and re-print.
If that doesn't work, you may want to send High Roller Games an email, as I don't know if they made any changes to the original files since I left.

Hey, thanks for your reply. It is not a scaling issue, the file size/resolution is simply too small (they are also named "...preview"). I sent a mail to HRG, and they said they would get back to me, but that's already half a month ago. Still, I sent them another mail today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sent me a batch of larger files yesterday. However, I'm still not happy with the image resolution. Have a look for yourself (at original size)... Should I keep bugging them for yet another revision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Thwaites
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Oliver, sorry for not replying sooner. I don't check Vikings threads very often.

That's grainier than I'd have expected.

As to whether or not you should keep bugging them ... As I no longer work for them I am not in a position to answer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.