BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The memo on Air Force One rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/air-force-one-donald-...

I suspect Mueller (and perhaps Congress) is pursuing this, and if not already doing so, they should. Trump apparently may have dictated a letter (while on Air Force One), regarding the Trump Tower Meeting with Russians, taking the stance that it was all about adoptions, when the Press might have already had the truth (through email chains) that it was actually about dirt on Hillary Clinton.

From the article;

Jay Sekulow, one of President Trump's attorneys, said the President was not involved in drafting the statement.
But The Washington Post reported later last year that President Trump had dictated the initial misleading statement for his son while flying back to Washington from the G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany, aboard Air Force One.

I believe Mueller may have interviewed Hope Hicks, who apparently was on the plane at the time the memo was drafted. He may already have this information.

To me, this has everything to do with intent. Did Trump dictate the memo, hoping to cover, or distract, from the real purpose of the meeting. And if there truly was nothing to hide (since Trump Jr. claimed nothing came of the meeting), why go out of your way to lie about the purpose of the meeting?

It just stinks too bad, to ignore. And I strongly suspect Mueller will not ignore it, in building a case for obstruction of justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like this is an old story, has it resurfaced because of the book?

It was one of those holy shit moments that just kinda passed and turned into an I guess blatant coverups aren't so bad anymore moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

It was one of those holy shit moments that just kinda passed and turned into an I guess blatant coverups aren't so bad anymore moments.

The book has made it resurface, but I don't think it was ever off Muellers radar, I would think he'd want to quiz Trump Jr, and those on the plane, about the circumstances of this memo.

Congress also let Trump Jr. slide, when it came time to reveal conversations he has had with his father, but Mueller will not be as forgiving (or lax), as the Repubs on the committees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
dkearns wrote:

The book has made it resurface, but I don't think it was ever off Muellers radar, I would think he'd want to quiz Trump Jr, and those on the plane, about the circumstances of this memo.

Congress also let Trump Jr. slide, when it came time to reveal conversations he has had with his father, but Mueller will not be as forgiving (or lax), as the Repubs on the committees.

I hope you're right. Just seems like they're inventing new privileges like "father-son" privilege or whatever to not talk these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.