Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advance Order - Unit Movement in Originating Sector, not Active Sector rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mecke
United States
New Hope
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Question. The Active Sector has the AO Token, so I know that I can move as many units (5 max per each 4 section into the Active Sector) following a legal path (ships move first, then ground, only create 1 contested area, if units hit an unclaimed world, they have to stop).

BUT, can units be reorganized in the Sector that I am moving FROM? Say I want to move 2 Units into the Active Sector with the AO Token, can I also move 2 Units from I planet to another planet in the Sector they are moving from?

Because otherwise, I don't know how we can move units around in 100% Friendly sectors, other than placing an AO Token on that tile?

Does that make sense, hope to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to move is an Advance Order, and the onlt place an order token affects is the Secror it is placed. Reorganization doesn't happen much, if ever in FS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ottothemad wrote:
Question. The Active Sector has the AO Token, so I know that I can move as many units (5 max per each 4 section into the Active Sector) following a legal path (ships move first, then ground, only create 1 contested area, if units hit an unclaimed world, they have to stop).

BUT, can units be reorganized in the Sector that I am moving FROM? Say I want to move 2 Units into the Active Sector with the AO Token, can I also move 2 Units from I planet to another planet in the Sector they are moving from?
No

Quote:
Because otherwise, I don't know how we can move units around in 100% Friendly sectors, other than placing an AO Token on that tile?
What you describe is the only way, other than faction abilities (E.g. Eldar placing unit on other controlled planet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mecke
United States
New Hope
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
OK, you both have confirmed. So, if I need to move units from planet A to planet B, in 1 sector, I need to target with Advance Order. Thanks very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Ashley Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you move Units in the adjacent System, and not moved it to the Active System?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calixtus wrote:
Can you move Units in the adjacent System, and not moved it to the Active System?
No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.