Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Lost In Time & Space
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All, question as per subject. I've searched and checked rules but can't find the answer. I suspect the answer is no but would very much appreciate any clarification.

Happy Gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancientvirus wrote:
Hi All, question as per subject. I've searched and checked rules but can't find the answer. I suspect the answer is no but would very much appreciate any clarification.

Happy Gaming.

Pg 19 says figures cannot end their movement in a space with another figure.
Pg 26 says summons are figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Lost In Time & Space
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both, appreciate the quick replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if you really needed to get to a spot that had a summons in it, you could try to convince the summoner to dismiss their summons (which can be done at any time, and that would free up the hex for you to occupy.

But then that summons is gone (and since most, if not all, summon cards are lost/consumed, most summoners would be hesitant. But sometimes the benefits of an ally character being in that particular spot outweighs the benefits of keeping the summons around)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esther Pettigrew
Canada
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
if you really needed to get to a spot that had a summons in it, you could try to convince the summoner to dismiss their summons (which can be done at any time, and that would free up the hex for you to occupy.

But then that summons is gone (and since most, if not all, summon cards are lost/consumed, most summoners would be hesitant. But sometimes the benefits of an ally character being in that particular spot outweighs the benefits of keeping the summons around)

I'm trying to role-play that in my head

Chr 1: Get rid of those rats!
Chr 2: What? No!
Chr 1: I'm going to whack those Monsters. Get rid of your **** rats!
Chr 2: Up yours. I'm getting this kill.
Chr 1: If you don't get rid of those stinkin' rats...(pauses to check rule book)...your damned lucky I can't target an ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
estherp wrote:
I'm trying to role-play that in my head

Chr 1: Get rid of those rats!
Chr 2: What? No!
Chr 1: I'm going to whack those Monsters. Get rid of your **** rats!
Chr 2: Up yours. I'm getting this kill.
Chr 1: If you don't get rid of those stinkin' rats...(pauses to check rule book)...your damned lucky I can't target an ally.

in our last session, the Mindthief had rats in play, and there was a Cultist sitting at something like 2 life with a wound, who happened to draw the "explode upon death" ability for that turn. And that cultist had 2 characters and the rats adjacent to it.

So of course, the characters were all going to move away from the cultist and attack other enemies, but the first to act was the rats, who ended up killing the Cultist, triggering its "attack+2 against all adjacent enemies", which drew a +2 against one character, a 2x against another character, and something like a Null or a -2 against the rats

I really should have suggested to the Mindthief to dispel the rats once the cards were revealed and we saw how it would play out (but I wasn't paying enough attention at the time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legitimately chuckled at that. I hope my own games go as disastrously awesome as that. Not often, obviously, but if you gotta fail sometimes, fail with style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
...the "explode upon death" ability...

Our group calls it "going akbar"... We're horrible people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
...the "explode upon death" ability...

Our group calls it "going akbar"... We're horrible people.

David Koresh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.