Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Morrise
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Included with Triplock is a continuing story. It is structured so as to create a solo campaign for the game.

Each episode of the story comes in three parts. First, the episode's large “Location Card” gives the story’s prologue. Next, one side of each “Room Card” for that episode continues the story. The Room Cards are numbered. Finally, the epilogue for that episode is located on the chiptheorygames website.

For example, with the base game there is a Location Card called “The Station.” There are four Room Cards labeled “The Station - Room 1,” “The Station - Room 2,” etc. The epilogue to The Station is on the chiptheorygames website.

The solo expansion packs are “The Factory - Episode 2” with five Room Cards, “The Royal HQ - Episode 3” with four Room Cards, and “The Estates - Episode 4” with five Room Cards.

Although this is a solo campaign, some of the cards are suitable for cooperative play.

In the spoiler box I will give an extremely brief synopsis of the four episodes of this story.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The story is set in the steampunk city of New London. Each of the Characters, which gives you a special ability, has lock picking skills.

They are summoned to a room at The Ststion by the Strsnger, who enlists their combined assistance. They are discovered by the authorities, who pursue them.

The Stranger leads her band of lock pickers out of The Ststion to The Factory. From there, they proceed to The Royal HQ. Then they attempt steampunk time travel and appear in an alternate reality, where they proceed to The Estates. At each new location, a new Charscter appears with a new special ability.

All along this story, the Characters use their lock picking abilities to go from one room or passageway to the next.

If I am accused of reading ahead to see how the story ends, I will have to plead guilty.

If you like puzzly games, solo play, and this type of a campaign approach, then I think you will enjoy Triplock.

Note to CTG: when I tried to access the epilogues for The Royal HQ and The Estates today, they didn’t work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.