Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wayne nixon
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I have a few questions

Air Drop Procedure

It Never Snows rulebook states roll one die for direction and another for distance.the distance roll is divided by 2 in the case of unit drops.result is the location of actual landing.
question; does this mean distance is 1/2 for every unit that lands on the map or just some units,which is correct
2) stats then roll one die for Air Drop losses to determine if there are any.compare roll against terrain level of the hex to determine if unit takes step loss.if the terrain level is 0,sucess is automatic.
question; does this mean that if unit lands in clear terrain with a road in it that there are no step losses to the unit,since clear terrain level is 0.
3) Hex A46.14 is mostly clear terrain ,a road and some woods.an airborne unit air drops.the rolls made land it in this hex.do you use woods terrain to determine any step losses or which terrain
4) W/I 4 of hex A45.32
Does this mean unit is placed within 4 hexes counting down
anywhere in hexes A45.31-29 anywhere 4 hexes above A45.32 A45.33-A45.35 or does this meanm any hex within 4 of A45.32 in any direction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) All units. One die shows you which direction, the other how far it is moved in that direction (0-3 hexes: roll halved, rounded down).

Exceptions: ammo points roll 2 dice for distance (not halved, they are not units), gliders roll 0-3 hexes as above but can then be moved 1 hex in any direction.

2) roads are listed as ot (other terrain), so they do not affect the landing. Units landing in clear hexes (with or without roads) are level 0 and need not roll for casualties (unless they land on German units, in which case they are automatically lost). Ammo points never roll for casualties, but use 2.1g to see if the airborne force manages to recover the drop.

3) From the rules:
Quote:
…(for Air Drop) Use the terrain in the hex with the worst Terrain Level for the dropping unit.

In your example, the unit must roll for woods terrain.

4) any direction, as long as it is no more than 4 hexes from the indicated hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris gammon
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:

3) From the rules:
Quote:
…(for Air Drop) Use the terrain in the hex with the worst Terrain Level for the dropping unit.

Where is this in the rules? I'm having problems finding it. It makes sense, but I'm just not seeing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First page of the living rules: 1.3a, last paragraph.

http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/SCS/5-15%20Ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's also in the original rules, I was just trying to find it in another section of the rules. I was looking in special rules for air drops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is easily missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.