Nicolas Vasquez
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
Someone has tried something like that ? It would be kind of cool, sort of a competitive campaign.

- You play a short campaign, where playeres compete against each other. Player confrontations are encouraged.
- Every player have a small team of "heroes".
- Enemy units are part of the enviorment. (Maybe each type of enemy have a small AI deck ? like special counter attacks, movement, and some other feature).
- Players score mission and secret objectives each mission.
- There's loot from enemies and containers.
- After each mission, they get experience and credits to get items n stuff.

It would be cool
If anyone tried it, i would love to hear about how it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What about an Imperial Assault / Arcadia Quest variant ?
not for me thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What about an Imperial Assault / Arcadia Quest variant ?
Lol - AQ and IA are 2 of my favourite games!! laugh

Not sure how to integrate them though - and if it really would have added value to design an IA variant of AQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Vasquez
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
I changed the topic name to be more clear,

The idea is making a competitive campaign in Imperial Assault, something like what Arcadia Quest do.
Could make a faster play, without loosing the narrative side of the campaign, allow more feeling of balance than the regular campaign, and that's it really. (Maybe allow more players too!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Julian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds awesome. I get bored with snowballing co-op campaigns. Having another use for all that plastic would be great. I’ve been thinking of some hero ideas and rule variants to combine the two games. Did you ever try this out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Domurad
msg tools
I relay like this idea !
I wonder if we could use some modified version of RAIV as the way of activating imperial units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
You could always try the new Starcadia coming out with the Thrawn and trooper expansion it had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
- How are you going to deal with upgrades? If you use the PvE hero boards (so you van upgrade between missions) that means you can not play the Imperials and most of the mercenaries. If you also allow imperials, how are you going to make upgrading between missions work?
- You have to make a playboard that is symmetrical or otherwise makes sure everyone has equal chances to reach certain spots on the map.
- You have to make up some aggro mechanic that say how and when the NPC miniatures move, attack and defend, do their stuff.

. I guess you can do the usual AQ quest stuff: kill boss X, kill 2 Nexu, retrieve 3 crates and so on. Plus wound one enemy hero.
. You can also use points for credits to buy ugrades between missions, like points value times 10.
. You can still use crates instead of exploration tokens to get stuff and you can still rule that all goodies must be discarded after each mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.