Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thompson
United States
Olathe
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I need help with selling this game to my wife. I need help with how to simplify scoring at the end. Have any of found any tips on teaching this? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I teach it is to scatter the markers for the goods along the track and put the brewmaster somewhere along the top of the track in the 3:1 range. Then I explain how you'll move your most forward marker back 3 spaces and the one furthest back up 1 space, and repeat until all the markers are clumped together. Then explain your score is the lowest number space that the clump occupies times the multiplier the brewmaster is sitting on plus your barrels.

If you want to tie in the theme, tell them they're getting the overall quality of their ingredients of the brew and experience of their brewmaster to give them their final score, along with some achievements thrown in (the barrels).

I don't bother explaining the 10 money moves the last markers up one space until we actually get to final scoring. For your first play that's not that important to know, so I don't want to add "one more thing" to the equation during explanation.

After that, I explain the ways you get your brewmaster to move, which leads into how you surround the sheds and score them and how you make money and get the markers to move. Lastly I explain how the scoring disks figure into the bonus cards and briefly explain each of them, then we start playing. Normally by half way through the second round, new players start to "get it."

The theme tie in for the sheds is you're cultivating the ingredients on farms to raise money (dark side) and quality (light side) and sending monks out to aid the production (scoring disks having the monks activating tiles around them) and report back to the brewmaster on the status of things (when a shed activates and triggers a monk it moves the brewmaster).

EDITS: Mostly to correct some grammar and spelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.