Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: terraforming using cult spades bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio Noboru
msg tools
When I use the terraforming from cult spades bonus, can I use it on indirect adjacent terrain, or only directly adjacent?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fnhara wrote:
When I use the terraforming from cult spades bonus, can I use it on indirect adjacent terrain, or only directly adjacent?


both, the differences aren't in which hexes you can reach but that you can't immediately build (only later in the action phase) and you can't pay more workers for more spades
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Olander
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
wallwaster wrote:
fnhara wrote:
When I use the terraforming from cult spades bonus, can I use it on indirect adjacent terrain, or only directly adjacent?


both, the differences aren't in which hexes you can reach but that you can't immediately build (only later in the action phase) and you can't pay more workers for more spades


correct - and remember that the +1 shipping tile cannot be used for cult spades, nomatter if you just passed it away, or just picked it up - the +1 shipping only counts during the actual round
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C TK
Canada
flag msg tools
Per Olander wrote:
the +1 shipping only counts during the actual round


Your explanation was clear, but for this part it would be more precise to say it only counts during the action phase.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan kramer
Netherlands
Urk
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Though the favour tiles appendix in the rules concerning +1 shipping do say phase 2. I believe it was never the intended to deny the use of cult spades this way. It was stated to prevent claiming victory points during the final scoring phase for largest territory etc. (making it a round 5 game decider), but it is reasonable for the owner of the tile to use his cult spades on terrains that can be reached by the +1 shipping tile.
Sometimes a player needs to dig out of a tight spot, than you have to sacrifice to obtain or hold on to the tile and that is what this game is all about denying this use would subtract from the good stuff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbe wrote:
Though the favour tiles appendix in the rules concerning +1 shipping do say phase 2. I believe it was never the intended to deny the use of cult spades this way.
Why would you believe that? If the designers intended it different from what is in the rules, they certainly wouldn't have been shy to say so.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beier
msg tools
Isn't it possible to use the carpetflight for terra morphing, or.am I to dumb to use it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Carpet Flight and Tunneling can't be used for cult spades.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.