Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Zombie Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using the car keys - all the search squares should be searched first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I'm not sure about one thing: if the humans get the Car Keys item, can they go directly to the car (*) or should they complete the search first (search each search square at least once) ?

(*) if the humans can use the car keys right away, it means this can happen: the humans start the game on the side near the car trunk. Move, search the car trunk, and get the car keys as the first item in the game. Everyone enter the car then win the game in just a few turns!

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: unless it has changed in the last version of the rules (2013)...

You can use the car keys right away.
If you search in the car trunk at the beginning of the game, find them, and use them successfully (chances are slim, but still) ; just play another session, the setup will be quick .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
Disclaimer: unless it has changed in the last version of the rules (2013)...

You can use the car keys right away.
If you search in the car trunk at the beginning of the game, find them, and use them successfully (chances are slim, but still) ; just play another session, the setup will be quick .

The newest official version is from Wargamevault, last updated July 2014. When explaining the car keys, it's just tell what to do. No explanation that all the search squares should be searched first, so maybe you're right that it can be used right away.

Then reading many variant versions (including Kwanchai's, squash, etc) no explanation about it too. Only one rulebook variant by Flytrap here tells that all search squares should be searched first before using the car keys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I understand it, all search squares have to be searched by someone in the group.

Then the group barricades themselves in the house (with no zombies) to win, or can leave via the car if have the keys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildcard wrote:
As I understand it, all search squares have to be searched by someone in the group.

Then the group barricades themselves in the house (with no zombies) to win, or can leave via the car if have the keys.
See, it's not just me who aren't sure about this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can play as he wishes, but to me it makes not thematical sense to have to search all the areas to be able to use car keys.
In case of zombie apocalypse, a shotgun won't help me starting a car's engine and drive away (though it can help reaching the car...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as a player holds the keys they can attempt a car getaway at any time, even if all the areas are not searched.

It's all escape or fail though. No stragglers can remain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.