Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How strong is the green dice in the game? Played a sologame the other day, and thought I had more help with the red, orange and blue dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How strong is green
I only have one game with them but I found them to be a good middle-ground option, almost like a direct upgrade from the white dice. Blue and red are more focused but if you're just looking for a general boost, green are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
They are quite luck-dependet. They can help but you don't know what you will get.

Of course unrest is the problem to loose tempo.So my advice would be on't get too many of them.
Chance of rolling at least 1 Unrest:
1 green die: 17%
2 green dice: 30%
3 green dice: 42%

With this you are more unlikely to get one of the pass-first tiles.
Also you might be in the need to sacrifice them(move it to the used pool) to get a needed tile which one opp would get otherwise.

All in all they are quite weaker than the other 3 colors and force you more to gamble.

My wife won some games against me neglecting green dice on purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my feeling that they are so luck-dependent. I only played one game with them, had two green dice, and it was tough then I rerolled a green die and got another unrest. Did lose much tempo. And no pass-first tile that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Came to thread thinking it was talking about the green territory tiles. In my solo games so far, I have rarely taken them as anything else seemed to be more fruitful. And because I rarely took those tiles, I also avoided red dice producing tiles. Always seemed the famine bonuses were easier to obtain and ignored swords almost completely.

Edit - nonsensical typos thanks to stupid iPad autocorrects

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Came to thread thinking it was talking about the green territory tiles.

Have not written dice in the title as well.

ath3ist wrote:
In my solo games so far, I have rarely taken then as anything else seemed to be more fruitful. And because I rarely took those tiles, I also avoided red dice producing tile. Always seemed the family bonuses were easier to obtain and ignored swords almost completely.

I think red dice is really good, to get war points, to buy some tiles, and to build wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
With the green dice I think the ones in age II (1 green + 1 white) are the best options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
In most of my games it seems that I value green dice a little more than the other players. I tend to win, despite the recent loss in the just finished crowdplay game, but that could be despite how much I like the green dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
I also avoided red dice producing tiles. Always seemed the famine bonuses were easier to obtain and ignored swords almost completely
at least one red is must

RustanR wrote:
I tend to win
you need stronger opponents

Greens sometimes can be even stronger and more versatile than other colors especially if you have enough reroll chits. In my 8 games with Unrest expansion (all win) there have never been situation absolutely necessary to sacrifice a green, so reroll was always the choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tms_ wrote:
at least one red is must

Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
tms_ wrote:
at least one red is must

Why?

because no one won ignoring military completely in experienced players game. One red is must to keep your options open, two is very good but may be too luxury
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you easier can buy tiles with swords on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.