Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower is currently running a KickStarter campaign to raise funds for their coming year. Different reward tiers include various promo and mini-expansion type items - including a small set of pieces for Catacombs (compatible with both the base game, and Catacombs & Castles) as part of "Promo Pack B".

From the related image, this promo pack appears to include:
* 3 Catacomb Heroes - Morinda (witch's cat), Rhabo (goblin boar rider), Surlafeure (vampire queen); cards and stickers shown but no shot types or special abilities
* 2 Wyverns - both character cards shown with shot sequences
* 1 New Enemy Type - 4 stickers shown but no other details
* 1 Other Unit? - beside the Wyverns is another unit, but there is no matching card shown yet

I'm guessing that is all subject to change, but it's the information available so far. I don't know if these cards will appear in other expansions, KickStarter campaigns, or as a stand-alone mini-expansion for sale later. My experience with Catacombs so far is that buying when it's available is a good idea.

I'm not posting the URL because there might be some kind of rule at BGG for promoting KickStarter stuff, but you can probably find it by searching for "Dice Tower 2018" on the KickStarter site. But I'm only posting this as an FYI for other Catacombs fans - not intending it to be an advertisement of any sort.

If only interested in this content, the cost is quite high ($50 USD for that reward tier). It does come with several other promos though, so maybe worth looking into a group buy type of situation if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Just link to the thread that links to the kickstarter. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I enjoy the occasional video from The Dice Tower I'm not really interested in supporting their campaign. I'm hopeful that these find their way into some other promo pack as I'd rather send my money to Elzra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
While I enjoy the occasional video from The Dice Tower I'm not really interested in supporting their campaign. I'm hopeful that these find their way into some other promo pack as I'd rather send my money to Elzra.

I'm in the same boat. I don't throw money at people to play games (I'm not going to judge those who do, but that's my personal stance). I'd much rather get this promo from Elzra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

I think that typically these kind of promos that are for specific sites are ones that they only make to thank them for their support of their product (you can read into that whatever you will). Selling them later would kind of undercut that gesture, unless they still funneled money back to the original beneficiary.

For example, Serious Poulp (publisher of The 7th Continent) made some BGG promos for BGG to sell in their BGG store. When SP did the new kickstarter, they made those promos available but said they were sending the money made on it to BGG. It was only offered through the KS for buyer convenience (saving on shipping, but having to wait a lot longer to get them).

So it's possible they'll show up later, but also quite possible that the money will still go to The Dice Tower. Which is fine by me, but just thought I'd mention it given the last comment.

This is all pure speculation, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, though for example the Scythe promo cards were made available separately at a much later time (without specifically calling out that the funds were going to Watch it Played or Dice Tower).

Either way is fine, I'm happy to wait, but $50 is a bit when I'm really only interested in the Catacombs content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KickStarter exclusive content has been available (at prices that didn't undercut backers, and I think only from Elzra's website directly) so maybe this will be too? That seems totally possible, although you'd have to ask them to find out.

Totally understand about the pricing issue. I was lucky enough to get in on a group buy of sorts, where a bunch of people are splitting up the promo items at (what I think are) pretty fair prices for individual parts. I wouldn't have paid enough to get the whole set of promos when this was all I wanted.

Again, the whole post is FYI/awareness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that this pack is not Kickstarter exclusive and will be available directly from us on our online store (shop.elzra.com). When? I expect later this year.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
When? I expect later this year.
Why? I expect it is because you are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CardBoard Bear

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm Aron is pretty awesome. I talked to a few designers and he's the nicest.

my wife would not be pleased if I don't get my hands on the Morinda cat card, so it's nice to know it'll come in the elzra shop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
I can confirm that this pack is not Kickstarter exclusive and will be available directly from us on our online store (shop.elzra.com). When? I expect later this year.

Just wanted to check-in and see if any dates were forming, I check the webstore periodically but no luck yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
aronwest wrote:

Just wanted to check-in and see if any dates were forming, I check the webstore periodically but no luck yet.

We have delivered the "Wyldlands" material to Dice Tower so they can fulfill their Kickstarter campaign. I wanted to give them a chance to complete the fulfillment to their backers before we release it. It's also possible that I will make this material available as part of the Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming version of Catacombs 3e that substitutes the cardboard game boards with neoprene playmats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
the Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming version of Catacombs 3e that substitutes the cardboard game boards with neoprene playmats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:

We have delivered the "Wyldlands" material to Dice Tower so they can fulfill their Kickstarter campaign. I wanted to give them a chance to complete the fulfillment to their backers before we release it. It's also possible that I will make this material available as part of the Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming version of Catacombs 3e that substitutes the cardboard game boards with neoprene playmats.

Awesome! I'll be in for both, I've really enjoyed the C&C ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.