19 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Unique Characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So to be clear, if I want to use IG 88 (for example) in a campaign mission, and include him as an open group (rather than have the story dictate when he appears), I would have to buy the character pack in order to get the agenda mission that would allow me to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
To earn a villain, you would need to
1. a) Choose the agenda set to your agenda deck. (Need to have the agenda set, thus the expansion.) b) Draw the mission card during Imperial upgrade stage, c) have the influence to buy it, and d) either the rebels choosing a different side mission, or playing and winning the mission.

2. Use the Nemeses class deck from Jabba's Realm. The starting class card allows you to earn one mb and one mb villain of your choice.

3. House-rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Use a villain like the ISB Infiltrators or the Hired Guns which can be used without earning them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
4. Use a villain like the ISB Infiltrators or the Hired Guns which can be used without earning them.

Sort of. Although they are named villain packs, the groups/figures themselves are not actually villains. (Only unique imperials and mercenaries are villains.)

I prefer the elite Jawa Scavenger though. It replaced Dewback Rider as my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm a bit confused, do they all need missions to unlock? I have the agenda card that lets me deplopy Darth Vader and it doesn't require a mission unless ive read it wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to earn villains to be able to take them into your open groups. In addition there are other methods (agenda cards) to get them into open groups or deployed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
the agenda card says nothing about a mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghost whistler wrote:
the agenda card says nothing about a mission

Short answer:

Just because a figure comes from a villain pack does not always means it's a villain (ex. ISB, hired gun, Bantha). A villain is a keyword (see RRG) and has very specific meanings

Long answer:

You cannot bring in a villain as an open group without winning its respective agenda mission first. No restrictions on the non-villains though so you may freely bring in ISB/Hired Gun as open group, even though yes they came from villain pack

There are other ways that let you bypass this restriction like you said above. I'm assuming you're referring to As You Wish?

So yes you can bring in Vader for that one mission by playing As You Wish. Where if you won his agenda mission you can bring him in as open group whenever you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Right, so As You Wish is a cheaper way to get Vader for one game, but the other more expensive card allows you to pull him in permanently to include.

Which set has the ISB agents?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As You Wish doesn't let you earn Vader as a villain, and you are not including Vader in your open groups. When you play As You Wish, its effect adds him to your hand of deployment cards so that you can deploy him during an optional deployment by paying his threat cost.

For example ISB Infiltrators, Hired Guns, and Jawa Scavenger, and Bantha Rider packs do not include villains (unique imperial/mercenary), and Captain Terro includes Dewback Rider. These you can choose into your open groups freely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
THis is a mess.

So picking that card was a mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghost whistler wrote:
So picking that card was a mistake?

I don't know. Vader instills fear to the rebels. His deployment cost is quite high though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So, to be clear;

If i play his Mission card the reward is that I get Vader to use within any open group on missions for the remainder of the campaign.

As You Wish allows me to circumvent that for one mission (as the card is then discarded/cycled back into the deck) and include Vader.

In each case paying the threat cost to deploy him as part of an open group deployment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

With As You Wish Vader doesn't take an open group slot, because he's added after setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ok thanks

So moving on to the agenda mission cards that let you get these characters. How do these work? I don't understand the wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghost whistler wrote:
So moving on to the agenda mission cards that let you get these characters. How do these work? I don't understand the wording.

The last step of the upgrade phases is imperial purchasing agenda cards. If you purchase an agenda side mission, it is put into play, and is one of the missions to choose from when the next time the rebels are instructed to choose a side mission to play.

If the rebels choose some other side mission instead, after playing that mission, the text on the agenda side mission triggers, and you receive the reward automatically. If the rebels choose to play an agenda side mission, do what the mission rewards section says for that mission.

It is possible there are more than one agenda side mission in play. If the rebels choose to play one, you receive the reward of the other automatically (after the mission).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McCarthy (not company)
Canada
flag msg tools
I was wondering is there a limit to the amount of unique characters that you can bring to a open group. For example if you completed the missions to get IG88 and the mission to get Bubba Fett can you put both unique figures into your open group to deploy? I know the Rebels can only bring in one ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose any number of earned villains to open groups. Usually their deployment cost, the number of open groups, and mission parameters make it unwise to have more than a couple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McCarthy (not company)
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.