Subject: TMB Encounters - IOS App Live on the App Store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'm very proud to announce the release of the TMB Encounters app on the app store. I want to thank the many Beta Testers of the app, and appreciate the feedback that I received.

You can find the app by searching for "TMB Encounters" or by clicking this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tmb-encounters/id1314105122?....

I welcome any suggestions, and feature enhancements, if you have them, please GeekMail me, or post to this thread.

Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schachtner
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I like to play games solo or over hangouts.
badge
Nothing to see here, madness.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to you Dave. This is a great little app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Requires iOS 10.3 or later."

Shoot... yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'll check tonight if I can lower that OS requirement. I don't think I really used much special from 10.3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
wargfn wrote:
Congrats to you Dave. This is a great little app.

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans for Android?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
heavyriffs wrote:
Any plans for Android?

Yep, but I haven't started on the work for it yet. Probably won't be for a while. My intention is to build it for Android though. Just had to focus on one platform first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ddrinkle wrote:
I'm very proud to announce the release of the TMB Encounters app on the app store. I want to thank the many Beta Testers of the app, and appreciate the feedback that I received.

You can find the app by searching for "TMB Encounters" or by clicking this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tmb-encounters/id1314105122?....

I welcome any suggestions, and feature enhancements, if you have them, please GeekMail me, or post to this thread.

Dave.

Outstanding work, Dave! You're a hero of Daelore. Gearlocs will sing tales of your achievement for ages to come
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
ddrinkle wrote:

Dave.

Outstanding work, Dave! You're a hero of Daelore. Gearlocs will sing tales of your achievement for ages to come

Thx Josh! Glad you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ddrinkle wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
Any plans for Android?

Yep, but I haven't started on the work for it yet. Probably won't be for a while. My intention is to build it for Android though. Just had to focus on one platform first.

Good to know and thanks for the response.
Hopefully in time to incorporate Undertow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Bryant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another reason I need to upgrade my iPad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you exit/select/end the 'Use Tattered Map' screen? It gives me the 2 encounter cards and lets me toggle between them and flip them, but I can't seem to select.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
cafin8d wrote:
How do you exit/select/end the 'Use Tattered Map' screen? It gives me the 2 encounter cards and lets me toggle between them and flip them, but I can't seem to select.

Do you not have an option to "Select Top Card" below the cards?

It's been brought to my attention that the layout doesn't work in landscape mode on an ipad, so if that's the case for you, be sure you are looking at it portrait mode.

What's your Device, and I can check it on the simulator tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ddrinkle wrote:

It's been brought to my attention that the layout doesn't work in landscape mode on an ipad, so if that's the case for you, be sure you are looking at it portrait mode.

Okay, yeah, the Select Top Card is definitely being drawn off screen. The bottom of the card (in portrait) is pretty much exactly at the bottom edge of the screen for me.

The device is iPad Air (MD788LL/A) 10.3.2, and I don't have zoom/larger-text enabled in accessibility mode.

Let me know if I can provide anything more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
cafin8d wrote:
ddrinkle wrote:

Okay, yeah, the Select Top Card is definitely being drawn off screen. The bottom of the card (in portrait) is pretty much exactly at the bottom edge of the screen for me.

The device is iPad Air (MD788LL/A) 10.3.2, and I don't have zoom/larger-text enabled in accessibility mode.

That's perfect, I'll give it a check and get it fixed for you as soon as I can. Probably Monday before I can get a new version through Apple's Activation process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Not sure what value is added with the Gearloc screen. Maybe for future: Would be amazing if it figured out the size of your party, then modified certain Encounter cards automatically for the Party of 3 exceptions.

2) If Eric Summerer offers his annual “I’ll record some voiceover for you” auction item in the Jack Vasel Memorial Auction next year, that might be something to consider. Hell, I might throw some money your way to make that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All that said, this is one tight app. Nicely done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Opie wrote:
1) Not sure what value is added with the Gearloc screen. Maybe for future: Would be amazing if it figured out the size of your party, then modified certain Encounter cards automatically for the Party of 3 exceptions.

Yeah the gearloc screen doesn't add much, but it's a more thematic way to determine if you have more than 1 gearloc (ie solo encounters vs group encounters). It will also make it possible for me to calculate BQ Points in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Found the issue, and am currently updating the app. Should be ready sometime tomorrow, if Apple approvals go through.

cafin8d wrote:
ddrinkle wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I've been able to down-grade the app to be iOS 9.3 compatible, hope that helps.

darsh97 wrote:

Shoot... yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddrinkle wrote:
I've been able to down-grade the app to be iOS 9.3 compatible, hope that helps.

darsh97 wrote:

Shoot... yuk

Fantastic. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeStefano
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely fantastic! I was gearing up to do something similar myself and not only have you saved me the time, but you've produced something much nicer than I was planning. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Is there a way to add in a “this encounter is lame, draw a new one” button? (Or is there one that I missed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Paul G wrote:
Is there a way to add in a “this encounter is lame, draw a new one” button? (Or is there one that I missed)

I did not build any features that would let you avoid a particular encounter. I do think it might be a neat idea to add the ability to remove cards you don't enjoy. This would be something outside the adventure, that you could set once and they would be removed from your play permanently. I'll add this to the list of future enhancements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.