i have a few question about xenoshyft dreadmire
1 - grafting and spychogenics dont have epic items vertions on them anywhere ?
2 - division discount in dreadmire gives a permanent -1 cost, so... on the last round of wave 3, i could technicaly buy a whole stack of 1 costed item after i drawn my 6 cards in order to have a HUGE advantage in the last round of the game ... isnt that a little too strong ? ( if i make it there )
3 - when a unit engage in combat and becomes heroic, he goes back in my hand, AFTER i drew my cards ? so... it doesnt effect my card draw ? the old unit is returned into the stack ?
4 - a unit that has engaged into combat.. (to become heroic ) is one that actively fought a alien ... or can i just use a stormtrooper (2 domage active ability) and get him to heroic, if he survived, even if he didnt activaly fought a alien
5 - what is your favorite way to include elite items .. and why ?
a) is it to have 1 item's avaiblable Every turn, and.. if it isnt bought you discard the stack
and if your using this method, is that stack of card used in extra of your other items ... giving you a 10th stack ?
b) or is it to mix it in the item deck
ps: and as a final note, i will share a variant i have been introduced too, that i love
i set up the game whit all the items but set up the troop's whit randomizer (face down) so, there is actualy a really cool ... ( what reinforcement do we have access too ) exitement twice in the game
1. Cannot answer.
2. You may buy ONE certain card at a discount of ONE Xen per round.
3. The old unit is burned. Trashed. The new unit + that unit's items go to your hand. These cards do not affect your next draw.
4. Actually fought an enemy. (Not by ANY abilities, except for such as first strike.)
5. For my group - B. Each elite item card is shuffled into its respective item deck.
For PS: nice idea! As an optional game mode, should be fun and breakes some combos!
1. Yes, grafting and psychogenics have no epic variations
2. Yes (but really depends on the division). If your division provides a flat -1 to items of a certain type, then you may buy a full stack of cost 1 items. I think there's really only one item I would buy with that though, and only at the end. (Creator of the game Michael Shinall commented on this somewhere saying you could buy a whole stack. He also stated that doing so may be a disadvantage because you'll have a lot of meh items in your deck, but that does not apply to your scenario)
3.Yes, just like you and Denis both stated
4. The unit must fight an enemy. Storm troopers don't count with their special ability on the back row.
5. I don't play with elite items. I think the game doesn't need them, and in some cases the epic item is worse the standard one. When I do play with them, they are shuffled into the items stack with the option of discarding them.
p.s. I like your troop variant. I will need to try that.
a big thank's to you both
i played my 3rd game last weekend
using the variant of a extra deck of legendary items
and using the correct rule of having a legendary troop not affecting your draw phase
and we completely annihilated the game ( 3 player )
- tech / medic / and command
the game broke down in wave 3, when we all bought the 6 cost unit that increase damage done to the wave by 2 ... we had sooo many damage effect that we just annihilated the game ..
i think the variant of having the legendary item shuffled in the deck might be a little better and less broken especially whit 3 player
because from what i get
1 player = SOOO HARD
2 player = normal
3 player = easy
4 player = i never want to try, to long
that being said, im not saying the game is easy.. i just happen to have played the app about 50 times, and i just know **how** to play the game in order to win
thanks ALOT for the rules clarification
god i wish there was a expansion for this great game
regarding the discount of cost 1 items, i think i will just house rule that you can't get more than 1 cost one item free
- Last edited Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:21 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:11 pm
2. I mixed it up with something, I guess with Onslaught (if I remember right). Yes, Bob is right. Permanent discount. Haven't played for half a year, should play again = ))
Louis, elite items and troops make the game easier, especially if you understand how to play. Increase the difficulty (or remove elite items and troops, which I don't recommend).
There was my post about increasing difficulty, in short -
1. Excluding the 1st round, make it 4 enemies in rounds 2, 4, 5, 7. Make it 5 enemies in rounds 3, 6, 8. Make it 6 enemies in round 9.
You may want to stay with 3 enemies in the 4th round.
Make hell in the 9th round.
2. Add more bosses in rounds #3 (maybe), #6, #9. Add bosses in round #8.
3. Exclude one trio of Fog/Night/Monsoon cards. Or maybe two of each.
For the 9th round, draw weather cards until it is duo or triple weather.
4. Abilities coming from the sources of one type (same kind of troops, same cards; in other words - from the cards with exactly the same picture) are NOT cumulative.
That's enough. We play this with 2 and 3 players. With 2 players may be a little bit less enemies and bosses. Believe me, this works right as it should - the game becomes adequate to your efforts.
- Last edited Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:47 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:37 am