Subject: Rules question and general inquiry about Xenoshyft rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have a few question about xenoshyft dreadmire

1 - grafting and spychogenics dont have epic items vertions on them anywhere ?

2 - division discount in dreadmire gives a permanent -1 cost, so... on the last round of wave 3, i could technicaly buy a whole stack of 1 costed item after i drawn my 6 cards in order to have a HUGE advantage in the last round of the game ... isnt that a little too strong ? ( if i make it there )

3 - when a unit engage in combat and becomes heroic, he goes back in my hand, AFTER i drew my cards ? so... it doesnt effect my card draw ? the old unit is returned into the stack ?

4 - a unit that has engaged into combat.. (to become heroic ) is one that actively fought a alien ... or can i just use a stormtrooper (2 domage active ability) and get him to heroic, if he survived, even if he didnt activaly fought a alien

5 - what is your favorite way to include elite items .. and why ?
a) is it to have 1 item's avaiblable Every turn, and.. if it isnt bought you discard the stack
and if your using this method, is that stack of card used in extra of your other items ... giving you a 10th stack ?
b) or is it to mix it in the item deck

ps: and as a final note, i will share a variant i have been introduced too, that i love
i set up the game whit all the items but set up the troop's whit randomizer (face down) so, there is actualy a really cool ... ( what reinforcement do we have access too ) exitement twice in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Cannot answer.
2. You may buy ONE certain card at a discount of ONE Xen per round.
3. The old unit is burned. Trashed. The new unit + that unit's items go to your hand. These cards do not affect your next draw.
4. Actually fought an enemy. (Not by ANY abilities, except for such as first strike.)
5. For my group - B. Each elite item card is shuffled into its respective item deck.
For PS: nice idea! As an optional game mode, should be fun and breakes some combos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
1. Yes, grafting and psychogenics have no epic variations

2. Yes (but really depends on the division). If your division provides a flat -1 to items of a certain type, then you may buy a full stack of cost 1 items. I think there's really only one item I would buy with that though, and only at the end. (Creator of the game Michael Shinall commented on this somewhere saying you could buy a whole stack. He also stated that doing so may be a disadvantage because you'll have a lot of meh items in your deck, but that does not apply to your scenario)

3.Yes, just like you and Denis both stated

4. The unit must fight an enemy. Storm troopers don't count with their special ability on the back row.

5. I don't play with elite items. I think the game doesn't need them, and in some cases the epic item is worse the standard one. When I do play with them, they are shuffled into the items stack with the option of discarding them.

p.s. I like your troop variant. I will need to try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a big thank's to you both

i played my 3rd game last weekend
using the variant of a extra deck of legendary items
and using the correct rule of having a legendary troop not affecting your draw phase

and we completely annihilated the game ( 3 player )
- tech / medic / and command

the game broke down in wave 3, when we all bought the 6 cost unit that increase damage done to the wave by 2 ... we had sooo many damage effect that we just annihilated the game ..

i think the variant of having the legendary item shuffled in the deck might be a little better and less broken especially whit 3 player

because from what i get
1 player = SOOO HARD
2 player = normal
3 player = easy
4 player = i never want to try, to long

that being said, im not saying the game is easy.. i just happen to have played the app about 50 times, and i just know **how** to play the game in order to win

thanks ALOT for the rules clarification

god i wish there was a expansion for this great game

regarding the discount of cost 1 items, i think i will just house rule that you can't get more than 1 cost one item free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2. I mixed it up with something, I guess with Onslaught (if I remember right). Yes, Bob is right. Permanent discount. Haven't played for half a year, should play again = ))

Louis, elite items and troops make the game easier, especially if you understand how to play. Increase the difficulty (or remove elite items and troops, which I don't recommend).
There was my post about increasing difficulty, in short -

1. Excluding the 1st round, make it 4 enemies in rounds 2, 4, 5, 7. Make it 5 enemies in rounds 3, 6, 8. Make it 6 enemies in round 9.
You may want to stay with 3 enemies in the 4th round.
Make hell in the 9th round.

2. Add more bosses in rounds #3 (maybe), #6, #9. Add bosses in round #8.

3. Exclude one trio of Fog/Night/Monsoon cards. Or maybe two of each.
For the 9th round, draw weather cards until it is duo or triple weather.

4. Abilities coming from the sources of one type (same kind of troops, same cards; in other words - from the cards with exactly the same picture) are NOT cumulative.

That's enough. We play this with 2 and 3 players. With 2 players may be a little bit less enemies and bosses. Believe me, this works right as it should - the game becomes adequate to your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.