Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!

Admittedly I've only played January so far (we won last night, yay!), but it occurred to me at one point that there are only 5 characters with special abilities at the beginning of the game. I suspect there may be more that can be unlocked during play (don't tell me about them!).

So what I'm curious about is, has anyone had an experience where all of the characters were lost and all your players were playing with "civilians" by December?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this would be very difficult to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would take a lot of careless (or intentional) play. In my group, I wound up having to use a civilian to finish 1 game and that was all the play a civilian got in all of our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
The rules don't actually say that at least one player has to begin the game as a Civilian if you don't have enough characters left alive. It's pretty obvious, but it's not stated.

This should be a clue as to how rarely characters will die if you're not absurdly reckless. (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
The rules don't actually say that at least one player has to begin the game as a Civilian if you don't have enough characters left alive. It's pretty obvious, but it's not stated.

This should be a clue as to how rarely characters will die if you're not absurdly reckless. (-8

The Season 2 rules do state it. Which may suggest something about Season 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I'm very spoiler-averse, so I've unsubscribed from the Season Two forums until we're finished. I don't want to know in advance how tough Season Two might get, nor how quickly. (-8

Incredibly mild spoilers for January, Season Two:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
After playing the Prologue once to get the hang of things then again to make sure we were right about the things we'd learned the first time through, we played January, and promptly ran into what we believe to have been some pretty bad luck. We managed to win with seven incidents, one card left in the player deck and one action to spare on the final player's turn.

No exposure, though. Phew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Incredibly mild spoilers for January, Season Two:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
After playing the Prologue once to get the hang of things then again to make sure we were right about the things we'd learned the first time through, we played January, and promptly ran into what we believe to have been some pretty bad luck. We managed to win with seven incidents, one card left in the player deck and one action to spare on the final player's turn.

No exposure, though. Phew!

That's better than we managed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.