Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Vila
Spain
Santa Coloma de Farnes
Gerona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the game specific rules. Rule 1.1 "Turn Sequence":

- Initiative Phase, both players roll for Initiative. Side with higher roll obtains Initiative and Air Support for the turn.

So far so good!

Now if we look at the first scenario 2.1:

Initiative: Soviet player

Activation: On the first turn of this scenario, the Soviet "All Units" Chit has just been pulled and play begins with that. etc...

--

All of the scenarios have some instructions on who goes first/initiative and which Chit starts in play. Apart from rolling for Air Support (when you have the initiative as per scenario instructions), I don´t get "why" the game sepcific rules (1.1) even mention a roll for initiative.

Or is it Iam missing something?

Red

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The scenario "Initiative instructions" ONLY apply to the very first turn, after that you roll and go with whomever wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vila
Spain
Santa Coloma de Farnes
Gerona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dean!

Gee, I couldn´t ask for a better man to reply!

Now that I read your answer, I see how foolish Iam! I was constantly thinking of the first turn and totaly missed the sequence of play later!

One sometimes tends to go round and round in the same spot, which was my case here, missing what comes ahead. You pin-point something and become stubborn, oh dear my bad!

Sorry Dean, and thank you so much for your reply!

All the best,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.