Popular Tags: [View All]
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When spawning Genestealers from the event, is the side of the location indicator at the bottom of the event card relevant?

The rules example for spawning says "since there are no red terrain cards on the right of the formation, no genestealers are spawned on this side of the formation"

I always took the spawn phase to be Spawn X genestealers at the Red location (at the location's facing).

Reading the above implies that I would only spawn X genestealers at the red location if the red location was the second spawn indicator on the event card AND the red location was on the right of the formation.

Or is it that I spawn X genestealers to the right of the formation wherever in the formation the red location is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:
When spawning Genestealers from the event, is the side of the location indicator at the bottom of the event card relevant?

Are you referring to the order in which the locations appear at the bottom (left to right)? This means that the genestealers are placed in that order. If it's green (left) and red (right) then you'd draw genestealers for the green locations first and then the red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. So it's just the order of operations, not related to the side of the formation at all? Genestealers are always spawned on the side of the location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, just make sure you're spawning from the genestealer deck on the appropriate side. If there's a red location on the left side and right side of the formation, you'd spawn at both from the appropriate spawning deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.