Subject: Advice for scenario selection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
aKa Telgar SandSeeker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play for the 1st time with some friends soon and was looking for a scenario not too nasty, but not too easy neither, ha ha.
I have tried the Tutorial one, too light. And I am playing the Spider one, not easy, with the Spider timer. I am not sure it is good for a 1st test, a bit stressfull...
Any suggestions here?
They are experienced players (I did not say ‘Old’), used to Zombicide BP, and other board games.
Thank you !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telgar wrote:
I will play for the 1st time with some friends soon and was looking for a scenario not too nasty, but not too easy neither, ha ha.
I have tried the Tutorial one, too light. And I am playing the Spider one, not easy, with the Spider timer. I am not sure it is good for a 1st test, a bit stressfull...
Any suggestions here?
They are experienced players (I did not say ‘Old’), used to Zombicide BP, and other board games.
Thank you !!

I feel like the first scenario is good to learn the game on (you are correct that the tutorial is truly just a tutorial and isn't meant to provide challenge or meaningful game length -- I only ran it once when I first got the game). I also think that the third scenario is in the middle as well, since you can end up with a lot of roaming monsters due to the mechanics of the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest 5 is really fun. 9 is also good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

I agree with these, especially quest 5 since it has some pressure without being overly difficult like quests 2 or 4. Just be careful with quest 9. It can be really hard if you are playing with 3 players or less. Enemies continually spawn and come at you from 4 different directions so you won't really have enough people to handle them if you are playing with lower hero counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathleech wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I agree with these, especially quest 5 since it has some pressure without being overly difficult like quests 2 or 4. Just be careful with quest 9. It can be really hard if you are playing with 3 players or less. Enemies continually spawn and come at you from 4 different directions so you won't really have enough people to handle them if you are playing with lower hero counts.

Yep yep. really just leaf through and look at the special rules of each one, they can be pretty fun with that.

My family struggled with that stupid spider. The timer makes it mildly more random on difficulty because it requires good loot draws and door draws early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
aKa Telgar SandSeeker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, thank you for your inputs.
I will have a look in 5 and 9.
Let's get them sweating a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.