Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I am deciding which one to get first - I can get them for about the same price.

Cynders or Vampire mission pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christofer Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Cynder first. My reasoning was that it added more than just the 4 missions and a new enemy type too the game. It also enhances the Otherworld Cynder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Vader813 wrote:

Bit of an apples to oranges comparison. With Cynder or Vampire MP, you get 1 new enemy. Vampire Mission pack you get 1 extra tile, 4 missions and the cards focus on the vampire. Cynder does not focus on the Lava Men, but instead gives you a whole new world, with a lot more cards, tiles the whole shebang. If you have the Swamps of Terror Core set, the Hellbat and Hungry dead also get a different version specifically for Cynder so you can repurpose the miniatures for Cynder. If you don't, you get tokens for the monster variants. If you're happy with the Otherworld that comes with your Core set, then Vampires expand on the Core Set. But if you're itching for someone else to go, then Cynder is the best choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you go with Cynder, then I wold get the Hellfire Succubi mission pack after that since they are a Cynder-native enemy and that is the one thing Cynder lacks is a variety of enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vader813 wrote:

Are you asking between the Cynder Otherworld or the Vampire Mission pack or between the Hellfire Succubus Mission pack (which is themed to the cyder other world) and the Vampire Mission Pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with Cynder. As has already been said, you not only get three new enemy types (yes, I'm counting the Lavabats and Souls of the Damned) but you also get an entire Other World's worth of tiles and cards.

Cynder also has a fun persistent environmental effect (you take damage per equipped clothing item due to the heat) as well as lava terrain squares that can hurt you, making the combat more interesting because you have to now pay attention to positioning for once. Cynder was a set that I was pretty apathetic towards but after playing it I liked it much more.

If you're looking to get a couple cheap enemy packs and you're on a budget I would get the Harvesters from Beyond and Trederran Raiders. In addition to Threat cards for the Mines, both of those sets come with Threat cards for every Other World up to and including the Blasted Wastes and it's a cheap way to fill out all of your Threat decks in one fell swoop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.