Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
What happened to the company and to the kickstarter?

I am really worried that the company got lost or went on a drunken sprees or something.

Well I am a kickstarter supporter also and that has to be about the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever seen someone post.

'Got lost.' ?

"Drunken spree"?

Come on, Bill.

I would suspect it is a case of real life. Running a Kickstarter over the holidays, work, the family stuff that comes with the holidays and the new year, travel.

I suspect he is taking a quick rest. Regardless, I have complete confidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
What happened to the company and to the kickstarter?

Things were chugging along pretty good. Big success for them. I would have liked a few more updates and more updated pictures, but I felt 'informed.' And then, right after christmas, they just went dark. One update, a few minutes before the kickstarter ended showing us the Plus pack... and nothing since.

"Thank you!" is all they have posted on facebook.

they say the plus pack is 'free' to the Everything buyers, but what about the rest of us? Can I pay somethng to add this to my level?

When is the survey coming?

I am really worried that the company got lost or went on a drunken sprees or something.

whatthehellhappened?

Good thing you didn't support Panzer Attack: War in Russia You'd be tearing your hair out by now gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly do you expect to hear right after Christmas and New Years? Got your money... thanks.

If you looked at the pictures you'd see the game still needs lots of development.

The game is due out in August expect it before next Christmas and not a bit sooner, so relax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will group my replys

sduke-- okay it was harsh. but are you not wondering where they have gone?

tim-- i don't know that one but understand that lots of kickstarters have had lots of delays. vento has been different.

mm-- well, they chose when to start and stop the kickstarer, so it being the week before christamas and new year is not like some company vacation.

if you read my note before posting yours, you might have seen I ahd a specific question. right before the kickstarter ended they showed a Plus pack with stretch goals that were not achieved and said that the people who bought the Everything package would get that, but they haven't said whether they would offer that to other people. On the leningrad kickstarter they offers the Plus stuff for an extra few euros and I want to know if that will happen here. The announcement was about too late for someone to change to Everything unless they were watching the final countdown.

Yes, I know the game needs development. It's what they are doing about the kickstarter that I'm talking about.

relax yourself. "expect it before next Christmas" tells us you don't know anything about Vento.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
I will group my replys

No, I've actually exchanged a couple of emails with Emanuele after the KS ended, one to explain why my initial charge didn't go through (fraud alert) and secondly, to inquire about something else.

Got a response from him within the hour of my sending each.

Did you, um, try to actually communicate with Vento before you posted an accusation about drunken sprees?

Perhaps you would have gotten your answer directly from the person who knows what he is talking about. Just a thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What an interesting coincidence - I also had a delay in my payment because of fraud. I wonder if Vento and company used my CC info or was it the same nefarious person who stole your CC info. Maybe it was the infamous Duke gang???

Then there is the amazing "coincidence" of the end of year sale that Ventonuovo had - Empty the warehouse, collect KS fees and then skip the country!

Finally a justification for this thread. Because I have no factual info except the reputation earned from my several flawless transactions. Occasionally late, lavish production and fun games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever Bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that surveys usually come out a month or so before either stuffing sent off for production or stuff starts shipping. Either way we are a ways off, as you know.

As for the pack, I do not know what t is or what it is worth or if it will be for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Emanuele just posted on Kickstarter forum:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m41/stalingrad-inferno-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Martin, I'm familiar with the company and their previous performance, which has been great. That's why I asked because it seems odd now.

And I know about sending a survey out just before shipping and making sure addresses have not changed. If you have enjoyed thm in the past you may have noticed that they have sent their surveys out pretty soon after the kickstarter ended and then tehy sent a followup before shipping, just to check addresses.

this time in particular, what with the collector map and all, they will want to get add-on stuff early. Or i'm guessing.

glad he posted, wesley. no answer on Plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might consider deleting this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
You might consider deleting this thread.
He has not posted since yesterday, he might have left town. Maybe he is in the hospital.

I wonder what happened to him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
I will group my replys

tim-- i don't know that one but understand that lots of kickstarters have had lots of delays. vento has been different.

mm-- well, they chose when to start and stop the kickstarer, so it being the week before christamas and new year is not like some company vacation.

if you read my note before posting yours, you might have seen I ahd a specific question. right before the kickstarter ended they showed a Plus pack with stretch goals that were not achieved and said that the people who bought the Everything package would get that, but they haven't said whether they would offer that to other people. On the leningrad kickstarter they offers the Plus stuff for an extra few euros and I want to know if that will happen here. The announcement was about too late for someone to change to Everything unless they were watching the final countdown.

Yes, I know the game needs development. It's what they are doing about the kickstarter that I'm talking about.

relax yourself. "expect it before next Christmas" tells us you don't know anything about Vento.

Go to Kickstarter and search for Panzer Attack and just start reading the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Go to Kickstarter and search for Panzer Attack and just start reading the comments.

So I did that out of curiosity.

I work in a Electronics Factory that makes parts for aircraft. I'm a Compliance Officer.

Our parts do things like flight controls, water, lowering the landing gear, etc, you name it, over 300 different products.

We are always busy and trying to make on time delivery is a challenge. A hundred things can delay product. Our customers sell our parts to other customers.

When I see a Kickstarter creator make a delivery promise, I have to laugh.

Vento Nuovo has a fairly good grasp on how fast his supply chain can go. However, what if one of the factory's suppliers go on strike? What if the price goes up too high on something or a supplier runs out?

We are KickStarter Supporters. We gave money to support a product realization. You are not paying for a game. Your reward, is a game at the end IF THE PROJECT SUCCEEDS.

When you come online, and accuse the creation team of being drunk etc, what do you think you are doing to your project? Make no mistake, you funded it, so part of the project is yours. No you are not in charge of it so you don't get to make decisions.

Where I work, it's far more serious. What if one or two of our stock holders accused us of incompetence or something? The answer: The FAA would shut us down in minutes. People would be out of work and a stock holder would be in hiding.

So here's a simple thought for anyone that followed my overly long rant.

Why not stop hurting the project and delete this thread.

Look at the other thread. Five people made a situation go totally out of control.

Learn your role in this. You are a supporter. Support the project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least the drunken comment and the original post was removed. That's a start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the other post really did a good job at illustrating how negative post can just spiral out of control.

As a follow supporter, thank you Tim for pointing to that.

Too many supporters forget their true role in kickstarter. If you think you hired someone to make a game for you, that's wrong. It becomes that way but only after full production is finally launched.

The true role is to kick a game from conception into production. You pay for the project not the game. You get a free game at the end which is why it's called a reward. The more you contribute, the more thanks you get. If it fails, you fail with it.

Comments that I have seen that were not positive (but constructive), were ones like, supporters for Pavlovs House. The creation Team was using it as a advertisement for another game. One supporter told them if he saw it three times he would never buy. That was a good message because he was right. As a supporter he told the Team where his money would go.

I think that's acceptable.

What is not acceptable is running down the game or Creation Team you just paid to support in front of all the non-kickstarter supporters. You are killing future sales on your own project. Why do that???

Okay, lecture to the choir is over. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I mean Bill no ill will. He's a great guy; evidence: he's in this hobby and he helped support this game. He just misunderstands what he actually paid for I am sure. I hope he realizes what his role actually is and stops undoing the progress he helped out with in the first place.

I hope I am not coming in on too high on my horse. I am full of flaws and I post when I'm drinking sometimes (never do that concerning Cthulhu TRUST ME). I'm guilty of all that I am pointing out. That's why I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.