Subject: Map building question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Kazakov
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
When building 'the core' of the map. Is the order of the tiles random, or do they have to alternate City State/Natural Wonder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDRES PALACIOS
Peru
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have not seen any rule that says that they should be placed in order. Just randomize them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yads wrote:
When building 'the core' of the map. Is the order of the tiles random, or do they have to alternate City State/Natural Wonder?

Per the Advanced Map Building on page 14 of the rules, step 2 has you "take two random tilesthat have a natural wonder and two random tiles that have a city-state and shuffle all four together" (emphasis mine). Then in step 4 it says "Form the core by drawing and placing the core tiles, one at a time, into the center of the table" (again emphasis mine).

Based on creating a pile randomly and then drawing from that pile, it tells me that the order of the tiles are random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Moroiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't understand the graphical examples in the manual, specifically why they flipped sides A and B (when it is exactly the same thing).

I've started to alternate them we ran in an awkward scenario which resulted in the core tiles containing 2 adjacent city states. You coudn't technically settle a city near them, couldn't even explain to the people if they could or could not attack them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something happened in the last game we played.

2 players put their capital city tiles next to each other, therefore allowing their level one caravans to reach destination in one turn, generating a whole lot of trade tokens for these players, giving them a clear advantage.

I don't see anything in the rules preventing that, I think it was broken.

Any FAQ about that ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
can you upload a photo of what happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kosterix wrote:
can you upload a photo of what happened?

Happened 3 days ago...sorry, no pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.