Popular Tags: [View All]
Danielle :)
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Hopefully this isn't posted somewhere and I missed it. But - I'm hoping to earn some GG so I can snag at least an avatar and GeekBadge.

I was wondering if I'd be able to auction an art commission for GG? Or maybe something else - fanfic writing? Editing work? Doing some sort of spreadsheet organization? I guess I'd just love some clarification on if there are any rules for what you could offer up at auction for GG, so maybe I (and any other aspiring GG-earners) can figure out a way to put up our hilarious cat pictures next to our names on here :]

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you got geek gold given to you for an avatar already

I would say that offering valuable services (like an art commission) would not garner enough geek gold to be worth the time you spend on such thing. You get geek gold for every dollar you donate to BGG, so if you're looking to just get a bit of GG, you would be better served to sell that art commission and then use a portion of the sale to donate to BGG to get whatever geek gold you desire - you can also get the patron badge that way, and directly contribute to keeping BGG up and running (and depending on the amount, turn off ads, if that's your sort of thing).

As for what you can auction on Geekbay, I don't think there's any restrictions, but I also don't think you're going to get many takers for things that aren't games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle :)
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not a bad idea, if I can find somewhere to take commissions for $. I might still toss up an auction if I'm allowed, just to see what comes of it! I was thinking I could draw people's RP characters, or maybe a favorite character or monster from a board game, so it's related to gaming in that way.

Thanks! And thanks to the user who bought my avatar slot. Gotta go find a good image for it once I'm off work :]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.