Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Yeager
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played TM twice now, and the metalic paint on the resource cubes is already starting to rub off. Would acrylic craft sealant be a good idea to keep these cubes in good condition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea, but the paint should not rub off. Are you sure that it happens to all of them, or is it just a few?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Yeager
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a few so far, but like I said, it has only been two games. Solo games at that. And I have seen lots of other comments about the paint coming off as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Bunzel
Germany
Düsseldorf
North-Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i have played 56 games (solo) and i have absouletly no problems with the paint.
Have you written to the customer support?
Some publishers are very tolerant and often send you spare parts for free
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsynseraph wrote:
Just a few so far, but like I said, it has only been two games. Solo games at that. And I have seen lots of other comments about the paint coming off as well.

But in many cases it's just the corner that can't be painted that people has reacted to. But yes, some people have had bad cubes. If it gets worse, you should absolutely report it to the publisher for replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'd have a hard time believing it's possible for the paint to "come off" these cubes. I suppose it's possible they might chip. At least if the cubes are the same type I got with my game (in 2016).

I've only seen people complain about the spot where the mold sprue was "cut off" leaving the cube looking damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
I'd have a hard time believing it's possible for the paint to "come off" these cubes. I suppose it's possible they might chip. At least if the cubes are the same type I got with my game (in 2016).

They don't chip. The color does, in fact, wear off from regular use. I have many, many of the, say, $1 copper cubes that have worn down corners that have sort of a dark plastic fading through.

That being said, they are still perfectly useable, and it isn't like the copper color is getting on other stuff, so what difference does it make?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bakija wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

I have many, many of the, say, $1 copper cubes that have worn down corners that have sort of a dark plastic fading through.

Yep, that's the where the molding sprue was cut off, corner of the cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if it looks like these cubes, it is normal and just a result of the manufacturing process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.