Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Running the older WoW planes here and the artwork on the cards is the same pinky tonality as the two East/West Nexus mats.

Looking to pick them up if someone prefers the newer, more realistic style mats from Ares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The new ones are more realistic and I use them most of the time now.
But I really loved the old WOW mats and use them when teaching the game to a new player. They are easier on the eyes.
Funny thing is, you can really loose your eye glasses if you take them off and place them down on the newer mats. They just disappear! I warn players about it and it’s funny when it happens. They say “you’re right! I can’t find my glasses!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear that. For pure realism, the old style mats are not it, but for a pleasing color aesthetic, they look pretty sweet.

Many of the games I play, tabletop mini games in particular, it is important to me to have the right color zone on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.