Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Alexander
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

After two previously failed attempts, I finally completed this scenario. However, I wasn't clear on the rules of the boat. Agatha, Thi Phan and Craven (with incriminating evidence) had all made it to the boat and were ready to go but were waiting for Richards and Yorick to make a daring escape. Are investigators that have successfully made it to the boat now immune to other ongoing effects (e.g. mythos and horror checks)?

Can monsters board the boat? Is the boat considered to be in range? I played it this way so naturally cast off (due to the second mob quickly approaching) leaving poor Yorick and Richards behind. A pity, but a win is a win!

Anyone know the correct way to play this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Lloyd
msg tools
Being on the boat (or even inside the cabin) doesn't make investigators immune from anything. I actually lost the last time I played this scenario because my investigator on the boat incurred a horror from a mythos event and the horror card just happened to make the investigator stunned, so she couldn't move into the cabin and talk to the captain on my next turn, and then the mob destroyed the docks.

I've never had a monster move onto the boat, but there's no reason they couldn't (and it would be humorous if the monster was still there when the boat left). You played it right--part of the very satisfying tension of this scenario is the possibility that not all investigators will make it to the boat in time, or that the investigators that have made it to the boat will choose to leave rather than risk waiting. It's all beautifully horrifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Alexander
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I thought. The second mob had moved anti-clockwise and so were going to be adjacent to the boat and therefore would have moved onto the boat on their next turn because the investigators in the cabin were the closest. I just thought it strange this could happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.