Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Borg Assimilation is at my FLGS here in NYC, and I'm off to get it soon. What have people suggested so far to deal with them?

1. Raise your weapons a level or two.

2. Connect to other players early, so you can present a united front.

Any other suggestions?

I'm wondering about my usual opening tactic, which is to first develop the lanes next to my Home System. Using Extra Resources, to help out or mitigate bad luck, this usually results in some quick Exploration before I have to deal with the other players. However, with The Borg in the game, it might be a Pandora's Box close to home! What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
In the short term try to set up a lot of connections between the hub and your home world and use blocking ships to slow down the Borg from reaching your home world.

Spend research getting weapons to 3+ and increase your ascendancy so you can build more fleets. Then you can hunt the Borg since a good size fleet with 3+ weapons should destroy a cube in two rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.