Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i use Escape (prevent any number of wounds to a Town Elder) to save a Town Elder killed by the Mystery card effect that doesn't mention any wounds and simply states that the Town Elder was killed by Villain (Traitor's Blood, No One Is Safe, ...)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere, but i don't recall if it was in the rules or the forums, i remember reading that "kill", in that context, means "apply 1 Wound", which, in turn, means that wound-avoiding effects could be used to prevent death. It's the same for the "fortitude tokens" placed on an Elder - a kill removes 1 of the tokens.

Unless i'm sorely mistaken, in which case someone will correct me soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata reads something like "apply enough wounds to kill..." (this is to cover the edge case of killing Lord Hanbrook), and yes the blocking cards like Escape can be used to block those cards that say to kill a Town Elder, like No One is Safe, Traitor's Blood, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Here is Jsson's ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.