2 Posts

Love Letter Premium» Forums » Rules

Subject: sycophant confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danner

Oregon
msg tools
Under "Guard" in the rulebook it states "If all other players still in the round cannot be chosen (eg. due to Handmaid or Sycophant) this card is discarded without effect." I don't understand how the Sycophant could block another player in the round being chosen. My understanding is that the Sycophant does just the opposite--it allows a particular player to be chosen as the recipient of an effect on the next card played. Can someone please explain how the Sycophant can keep a player from being chosen as the recipient for an effect?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel Mills wrote:
Under "Guard" in the rulebook it states "If all other players still in the round cannot be chosen (eg. due to Handmaid or Sycophant) this card is discarded without effect." I don't understand how the Sycophant could block another player in the round being chosen. My understanding is that the Sycophant does just the opposite--it allows a particular player to be chosen as the recipient of an effect on the next card played. Can someone please explain how the Sycophant can keep a player from being chosen as the recipient for an effect?

Thank you!

The Sycophant may have been directed to you as the next target, in which case you cannot play Guard on yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.