4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you always play a settlement event ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palma
United States
flag msg tools
So I'm on my second playthough and i was wondering if you always have to play a random settlement event card every year, including the ones that already have a story event in it like burning hands or armored strangers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coleman Ellis
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, hence why all the entries on the timeline have the little settlement event symbol. The only one that's not random is the first day event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bulletdan wrote:
So I'm on my second playthough and i was wondering if you always have to play a random settlement event card every year, including the ones that already have a story event in it like burning hands or armored strangers.

Yes, always draw a random settlement event when returning.

It is possible to have a random settlement event, as well as a few other 'scheduled' settlement events that trigger from previous years and hunt events (lights in the sky & murder come to mind). You could end up resolving 4 settlement events in a single year. Just make sure the random settlement event comes first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are some people that pull out the most recent Settlement Event when they randomize in order to prevent doubling up. They do this in favor of diversity.

I have been going completely random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.