Kyser Kyser
msg tools
If you have a large group playing, like 8 people, can you take more than the required number of team members on a mission?

Say a mission requires 6, do you have to leave the remaining two players in the Rec Room?

The rules don't seem to make this clear.

Thanks!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since some missions say 4-5 and such, I'd assume no.
(otherwise it would be "4" or "4+")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyser Kyser
msg tools
I tend to agree with you. It also makes the game more difficult, which I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelHorrig wrote:
If you have a large group playing, like 8 people, can you take more than the required number of team members on a mission?

Say a mission requires 6, do you have to leave the remaining two players in the Rec Room?

The rules don't seem to make this clear.

Thanks!

Mike

I say yes, you must leave them behind. In your example, it is possible to MATCH the requirements. So you must MATCH the number of team members... not exceed.

Here is the wording on page 9 of the rulebook:

2. GATHERING A TEAM
With a Mission Log card revealed, the Captain selects a team to investigate. This team always includes the Captain. The number of players (including the Captain) required for each team is shown on the Mission Log card, as are any departmental requirements. The Captain must choose players matching these requirements when possible. (See page 18 if you cannot meet a requirement.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Russell
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starkiller wrote:
Since some missions say 4-5 and such, I'd assume no.
(otherwise it would be "4" or "4+")

I'd agree with Moshe on this one. Adds to the layers of challenges!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those missions with 4-5 people...you can decide to take either 4 OR 5, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.