GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Empires of the Middle Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reshuffling Year cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does this happen? I see a reference to event cards at the start of each turn. How about year cards? When the deck is exhausted or does the deck need resetting before this?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Gooden
United States
Worthington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
michaelwest777 wrote:
When does this happen? I see a reference to event cards at the start of each turn. How about year cards? When the deck is exhausted or does the deck need resetting before this?

Thanks

I've always played it as the end of each turn (so, every 25 years in-game). As far as I know, that's most other players do it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Year cards are shuffled and dealt at the start of each Round (see Step III.A.1 on Page 5).

So 5 Year cards are dealt to each player and magnate (10 to Mongols). Raiders also get Year Cards.
Once each Raider, Magnate and Player has played in the Round (5 years), the Year cards are collected and reshuffled.

So bear in mind each Game Turn (25 Years) is comprised of 5 Rounds of 5 Years, and each Year Card represents the endeavour of that Year. In a Game Turn each player should have drawn 5 Event Cards, and played 25 Year Cards.
This is better stated in 5.0 General Description of Play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
The Year cards are shuffled and dealt at the start of each Round (see Step III.A.1 on Page 5).

So 5 Year cards are dealt to each player and magnate (10 to Mongols). Raiders also get Year Cards.
Once each Raider, Magnate and Player has played in the Round (5 years), the Year cards are collected and reshuffled.

So bear in mind each Game Turn (25 Years) is comprised of 5 Rounds of 5 Years, and each Year Card represents the endeavour of that Year. In a Game Turn each player should have drawn 5 Event Cards, and played 25 Year Cards.
This is better stated in 5.0 General Description of Play

You are correct. These facts were opaquely worded in the SPI rules and somebody must have noticed because the statement in The Sword and the Stars is much clearer. Haven't looked in the DG version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.