Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it legal to create garrisons and then settlements in the blue area? I don't see a prohibition and it seems like this would be a good place for them and an easy way to increase income and VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you certainly may.

Generally it's a good idea to Garrison and then start a Settlement on Turn 1. I prefer to do that in the yellow region if I can, because it's going to get the most benefit out of the eventual completed Settlement, but I'll settle for the blue region in a pinch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love, love, love this game! But, it took a handful of plays to not run into the early defeat. I liked that, because it seemed to me a way to force the player to learn.

Just received Charlemagne and am reading the rules right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Yes, you certainly may.

Generally it's a good idea to Garrison and then start a Settlement on Turn 1. I prefer to do that in the yellow region if I can, because it's going to get the most benefit out of the eventual completed Settlement, but I'll settle for the blue region in a pinch.

I did it on the green area, purely because I had a vacant space there and the brown zone was crawling with tribesmen and a leader.

And it's my 1st game, so I'm sure my play will be imperfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
Yes, you certainly may.

I did it on the green area, purely because I had a vacant space there and the brown zone was crawling with tribesmen and a leader.

And it's my 1st game, so I'm sure my play will be imperfect.

I had a similar situation last game. I garrisoned green and then brown in a later turn after the legions had cleaned it up. By late game it seems you will want a plus 3 in blue,green and brown to keep them mostly clean due to de-escalation while your legions march to the north for the boss fight.

I really enjoy how this game unfolds through multiple plays. Charlemagne remains unpunched until I have...um...mastered this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.