Heroes of Land, Air & Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Is this a big box version of Tiny Epic Heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I just learned of the existence of this game and realised it looks a lot like a TE game I've bought but haven't played yet, Tiny Epic Heroes. Is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There's no game that I'm aware of called "Tiny Epic Heroes". The Tiny Epic series includes: Kingdoms, Defenders, Galaxies, Western, and Quest.

But to answer the question, no this is not a Tiny Epic game. While it shares design sensibilities with those games due to being designed and published by the same people, it's not the same game at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solanum wrote:
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I just learned of the existence of this game and realised it looks a lot like a TE game I've bought but haven't played yet, Tiny Epic Heroes. Is it?

Think I'd like to play Tiny Epic Heroes. What do you do in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you mean Tiny Epic Kingdoms. Heroes does feel like a spiritual successor to TEK, but it is not a second edition or reimplementation. They are completely unique game designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wagler
Germany
Wiesloch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know of "Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call".
This is an add-on / expansion to Tiny Epic Kingdoms...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that you are referring to Tiny Epic Kingdom, my take is that the two are two different games that share some similarities, but have radically different places in your collection.

But to be fair, if HoLAS was made first and they wanted to make a pocket version of it, I'm pretty sure that game would look very much like Tiny Epic Kingdoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I meant Tiny Epic Kingdoms, sorry.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
Given that you are referring to Tiny Epic Kingdom, my take is that the two are two different games that share some similarities, but have radically different places in your collection.

But to be fair, if HoLAS was made first and they wanted to make a pocket version of it, I'm pretty sure that game would look very much like Tiny Epic Kingdoms.

I feel this is a pretty fair statement. But as you said the are actually quite different playwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.