Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Winter's Wrath obstacle says that you turn the other row of cards face-down, and they are considered to not be in play until the obstacle is overcome.

What if I never overcome the obstacle? e.g. Say the row it is in has a couple of cases, some advantages, and no foes. If I solve one of those cases, I would, in theory, not count the foes in the face-down row, so I would win the game.

(My feeling is that this should not be a win, because it's the equivalent of Harry sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "LALALALALA!", which he would only do in order to annoy a foe, not to consider the problem solved... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baby Elephant
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would read that as not in play just in terms of reach, but I could be wrong. As in, they exist, but they are not able to be acted upon. Otherwise, it really isn't an obstacle. If its only effect was to make half the board temporarily count as solved, then it'd be an advantage, not an obstacle. Is there any other effect to the card? (I don't recall) If yes, does it make solving the things in its own row easier or more difficult? If significantly more difficult, then *maybe* it's the other way, but I tend to think it's just that you can't act on those cards in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you went into the showdown with winter’s wrath still in effect, then when the showdown was over the cards would turn face up and your score would be tallied then. So all the Foes in the face down row would still count against you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erichv wrote:
If you went into the showdown with winter’s wrath still in effect, then when the showdown was over the cards would turn face up and your score would be tallied then. So all the Foes in the face down row would still count against you.

Makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.