Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt H
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I'll say that it was great fun. Seems like an awesome game. My quests were impossible at the beginning - the first two cards it told me to buy cost 6. Hurt to start, but I recovered eventually.

Anyway, I have two slight confusions that I'd love to have cleared up. One about threat and one about the "clank area" vs the "bag" etc.

If the app tells you "+3 threat," do you treat these as if they are clank cubes? So they would go into the clank area, then the bag, finally to the damage track if they are drawn during a dragon attack? And similarly, you could reduce them from the track with healing and reduce them from the clank area with negative clank actions? This was very confusing at the beginning, as I thought threat just went right on the track.

My other confusion is about the clank area and the bag. If a card gives you "+2 clank" for example, you put these in the "clank area" outside of the bag, right? Once they are in the bag, are they supposed to stay there forever? If so, do negative clank cards ("-2 clank") only apply to the "clank area" or can you dig around in the bag to pull your cubes out? My first thought was you keep all the cubes outside of the bag in the "clank area" and only utilize the bag during the dragon attack, but after watching a playthrough video, I'm doubting myself.

Tldr - if someone could explain threat in plain terms and the clank area vs bag, it'd be much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I've played considers "threat" as "AI's clank". It gets treated just like yours. I place it in the Clank area on the board, because the stuff on the board goes in the bag before you draw from the bag anyway.

I think I recall reading that you could "Heal" the AI player's health track as well as yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+/- Clank! affects the Clank! area on the board.
Once Clank! cubes go into the bag, that is when the dragon attacks, that's it.
You can no longer recover them next time they come out it will be as damage.

"Threat" is indeed Clank! for the AI player. This simulates another character running around making noise. I think you are right that there is a slight confusion, as the game asks you if there are 10 Threat on the board.

Basically you draw those cubes same as yours, and place them as damage. Once it hits 10, the countdown of 4 rounds start, with a more powerful dragon attack after each, followed by death. Normal rules for attack and death/losing consciousness apply.
To prolong the game, you can use Heals (Hearts) to heal the Threat Track.
However I don't recall you can use -Clank! on the threat cubes in the clank! area. Either you can't or I missed that rule.

I love this game, hope you have a lot of fun with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks guys. I definitely did a few things wrong, so I'm excited to play again correctly.

The point that made me go, "wait, what?" was when I failed a quest, then it said, "+5 threat" while my threat level was already at like 6 or 7. I didn't think I automatically filled my threat plus some, so something must've been up.

Also knowing how clank actually works makes those -2 clank cards seem a lot less valuable. I thought they were completely OP.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
However I don't recall you can use -Clank! on the threat cubes in the clank! area. Either you can't or I missed that rule.

My "house rule" in this regard is that -X Clank! can be used to remove threat if there is no real Clank! to clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Litchfield
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they'd do away with the term "threat" and just say Clank for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
Basically you draw those cubes same as yours, and place them as damage.
Are you sure ?
I place them on the banner as for my Clank.
They go in the bag when the dragon attacks and when they are drawm, I then place them on the damage track.
Did I play that wrong ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
Are you sure ?
They go in the bag when the dragon attacks and when they are drawm, I then place them on the damage track.
Did I play that wrong ?

I meant they are placed as damage on the corresponding color, NOT on your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
Robin wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
Are you sure ?
Did I play that wrong ?

My question is why directly place them on the damage track, rather than on the banner as normal Clank!, then in the bag when the dragon attacks and only place them on the damage track shen they are drawn from the bag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
Robin wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
Are you sure ?
Did I play that wrong ?

My question is why directly place them on the damage track, rather than on the banner as normal Clank!, then in the bag when the dragon attacks and only place them on the damage track shen they are drawn from the bag?

This part only describes drawing them from the bag, after they did the whole normal Clank! journey.
We meant the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.