Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Alderman
United States
Saint Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say that on one space I have three Dahan villages, along with a city, town, and explorer. As a fast action I use Nature's Resilience on that space, which adds Defend 6. When Ravage occurs the invaders' full damage is defended against and no blight is added.

Even though the invaders did no damage, since the invaders attacked should the Dahan rise up and fight?

This seems like a handy way to embolden the natives and motivate them to do my dirty work, but I want to make sure my assumptions are within the rules. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as long as the ravage happened, the Dahan will fight back even if they took no damage. Only if you stop invader actions entirely will they not.

It sounds like you have it correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the strategies to use to eliminate invaders.. get enough defense in there so that there is no blight or any dahan killed, and have the dahan fight back right after.

I like the Vital Strenght of the Earth spirit so much for this.. get a sacred site in there (defend 3 automatically) and 1 or 2 dahan. After the little explorer builds his village and is all proud of himself, they try to ravage but Vital Strenght defends 3, and then the dahan destroys the little house that explorer built If a second dahan is in the region, the territory gets completely cleared of invaders.
And that's with no card played, so you can concentrate on other regions.

As mentioned by Christopher, the only time the Dahan won't fight back is if you do a "skip all actions" in that territory. Then the ravage would just not happen so no fighting back.

In other cases (not Vital Strenght), use cards to defend and the Dahan will fight back. As an example, if the attackers are attacking at 5 power, you can defend even with 4.. that won't cause blight and won't kill any dahan, who then will fight back. And YOU choose what the dahan kill or destroy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an explicit note to this effect on the bottom of p. 9 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Somerville
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
Just to be 100% clear...
It is ONLY the Dahan in lands that's being ravaged that attack back? Dahan in all other lands stay passive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I thought defend 6 would stop 6 damage against Dahan or 6 damage against the land, but to prevent both you would need defend 12? Is that not correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gormash wrote:
Just to be 100% clear...
It is ONLY the Dahan in lands that's being ravaged that attack back? Dahan in all other lands stay passive?

Correct. Dahan retaliation is part of Ravage, so it occurs only in lands that are being ravaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sumanye wrote:
Hmmm, I thought defend 6 would stop 6 damage against Dahan or 6 damage against the land, but to prevent both you would need defend 12? Is that not correct?

That is not correct. Defend protects the land and Dahan for the full amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grysqrl wrote:
sumanye wrote:

That is not correct. Defend protects the land and Dahan for the full amount.

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.